too bad the corvette stingray C7 wasnt lighter...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 24 comments
  • 3,156 views
Messages
421
Messages
Brainhulk
I think it puts down power coming out of the corners with the best of them. Plus it looks stunning

But you can feel the weight of it compared to something around 1000 kg. Too bad the weight reduction mods wernt more effective, lol

Z06 or race c7r dlc later maybe? Crosses fingers
 
I think it puts down power coming out of the corners with the best of them. Plus it looks stunning

But you can feel the weight of it compared to something around 1000 kg. Too bad the weight reduction mods wernt more effective, lol

Z06 or race c7r dlc later maybe? Crosses fingers

Z07 first off, and I doubt there will be a C7.R in this game considering how new it will be and we're still running around in older Le Mans cars. I mean even the R18 this game has is the older version from three years ago.

Also the ZR1 and the Z07 should be lighter than the base stingray, but for what the car is and does it's quite impressive I think. Best base model Vette I've seen.
 
It is the best handling American car ever produced. Like how GT6 portrays that.
 
In 1963 the name ZO6 was used al ready. And that Corvette was a C2... It is a historical name, not a type name.
So @LMSCorvetteGT2 , I think you're talking crap.
 
IIRC, the C5 Vette doesnt have Z05 variant, its still Z06...

Yes I know that, I'm quite aware of the Vette's history...

Once again though the successor to the C6 Z06 Corvette is called the Z07 I'm not suggesting that the generation model is what defines if a car is a Z06 or Z0X

In 1963 the name ZO6 was used al ready. And that Corvette was a C2... It is a historical name, not a type name.
So @LMSCorvetteGT2 , I think you're talking crap.

And yet another one. Read what I just said to the past user, I'm well aware of the history I know the C2 has a Z06 package options, just like the C4 had a ZR-1 options. How about you do some research before you foam at the keyboard (or mouth) and claim someone is talking crap.

EDIT: Some reading material for you.
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2016-chevrolet-corvette-z07-spy-photos-news
 
You're kind of missing the point, guys... :p

On topic, yeah, I really hope for the C7R! :drool:
 
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/12/the-c7-corvette-z06-wont-change-its-name-to-z07-heres-why/

Thats as late as the 3rd of December where as all the Z07 sources are from September...

Yes I've seen that and Top Speed (which came out the next day) still said it was a Z07. All GM motor authority said was they don't think it will be called it and are giving an idea of why. Car and Driver, Motor Trend and Automobile have way more sources so I'd trust them a bit more.

Edit:

Also all the GM authority articles (if you can call them that) I've read have been short and not full of info or insight to where they got it from. Also I mainly take issue with the fact that you think I'd think the C7 Z0 base would be called a Z07 in subsequent relation with the number of generation. Not sure why you assumed that.
 
Last edited:
If the artists renditions are anything to go by, a C7R would be amazing.


jon-sibal-c7r-rendering.jpg
 
I love it. If this is the base Corvette, I can only imagine how good the new Z06 and ZR-1 will be. This base Vette fights side to side with the C6 Z06 and completely destroys the C5 Z06.

Maybe it's a bit heavy, which in my opinion it isn't much more than other sports cars of its same category. Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel it too heavy. I don't like tuning cars anyway. I love feeling them how they came out of the factory :P
 
I was never a huge vette fan but I would be lying if I said the ZR1 and the C7 don't drive good... lol
 
Thanks, R1600 that trumps all if it's straight from GM. I love how they are using the photo shopped teaser picture.

Well perhaps it too will have a Z07 option though I doubt it, I think that was only exclusive to the C6
That teaser photo is from GM as well, so...
 
^ Wow, way too much going on for my liking..
 
I was going to make a thread about this car; people are beginning to ban use of it because it seems way over powered, it can dominate online rooms around 550pp. Even at stock weight and sport tires it sticks to the tarmac like paint. And it's got incredible top end acceleration. I was racing side-by-side with one and we were even up until 4th gear and that's where it took off, like it has no concern for aerodynamic drag.
 
the 15 anniversary corvette stingray c7 wooow this monster handle good, Have Americans really out done them self :)
even wirh TC off it stay on the track.
 
Back