Took the plunge with this gameXBOne 

• Thread starter theapex
  • 29 comments

theapex

(Banned)
England
England
Well finally went for it and got an xbox one with PCars limited edition for £25, just as patch 2.0 dropped.........all is can say is....

wow..............i'm 39, i loved gaming since my Amiga 500....loved my PSone...loved my xbox, upgrade to the xbox 360 literally blew me away... played 360 for last 9 years or so (if my dates are right) I never thought the step up to Xbox one would replicate that feeling, especially with some reviews around....but wow....

This game is epic!
Got forza 5 for £10 and that blew me away....

I love this thing!!

PCars is sublime and glad i waited till at least patch 2.0, still needs some stuff doing but I'm content with blasting around in clio cups for £25 let alone the rest of the game!!

Glad to hear you like it. At £35 for the two that's quite a bargain and should keep you racing for a while:cheers:

Amiga 500 with what was it extra 1 meg upgrade? IIRC... awesome, Geoff Crammonds F1 and 'The Cycles'... heaven..
Usually it was a 512kb upgrade to bring total system memory to 1Mb.

I later bought an Amiga A1200 (2Mb system memory) and found an unmarked 8Mb expansion in a PC shop who had no idea what it was. 10Mb A1200 baby.

PCARS, Forza 5, Forza 6, Horizon 3 incoming, Horizon 2...

Mate... it is indeed a good time to be an X1 owner! :D

:cheers:

I reckon PS4 will get a GT here in a couple more years, so... I guess there will be that... some day. Then you figure another year or two after that before all of its advertised features are finally up and running.

Sony needs to find another flagship racing series. The old one isn't getting the job done.

I reckon PS4 will get a GT here in a couple more years, so... I guess there will be that... some day. Then you figure another year or two after that before all of its advertised features are finally up and running.

Sony needs to find another flagship racing series. The old one isn't getting the job done.

It is sad to see the route their flagship racing game took over the years. I still remember the sheer excitement and goose bumps I felt when GT3 and 4 were released. GT could have been so SO much more. Unfortunately, PD probably though recycling cars and tracks alone and relying on count would get the job done.

Racing games/driving sims are innovating exponentially and PD ain't on the boat. Disappointing to say the least.

On the up side, it would be interesting to see how Drive Club evolves.. and if we do get a flagship sim or two on the PS4, I just might start saving again to pick one up! :lol:

Well finally went for it and got an xbox one with PCars limited edition for £25, just as patch 2.0 dropped.........all is can say is....

wow..............i'm 39, i loved gaming since my Amiga 500....loved my PSone...loved my xbox, upgrade to the xbox 360 literally blew me away... played 360 for last 9 years or so (if my dates are right) I never thought the step up to Xbox one would replicate that feeling, especially with some reviews around....but wow....

This game is epic!
Got forza 5 for £10 and that blew me away....

I love this thing!!

PCars is sublime and glad i waited till at least patch 2.0, still needs some stuff doing but I'm content with blasting around in clio cups for £25 let alone the rest of the game!!
I'm thinking of doing the same thing, except the Forza Xbone Bundle

Well finally went for it and got an xbox one with PCars limited edition for £25, just as patch 2.0 dropped.........all is can say is....wow..............

I did the same thing. I had a friend who bought the game day one and he voiced his displeasure with the title. Once 2.0 dropped, everything changed for him and I took the plunge.

The game IMO sets the benchmark on quite a number of features although I find the car list and lack of customization rather disappointing.

I did the same thing. I had a friend who bought the game day one and he voiced his displeasure with the title. Once 2.0 dropped, everything changed for him and I took the plunge.

The game IMO sets the benchmark on quite a number of features although I find the car list and lack of customization rather disappointing.

Seriously disappointing car list; tell me about it. And apart from a select 4 or 5 cars, most of them are just slow. You don't get to add parts to make em' go faster, which I think really blows.

On the upside, the visuals are sharp and clean looking (nothing out of the ordinary though), the sound is just okay, but the physics do satisfy.

Maybe you guys just need to accept that neither the game, nor its budget are the same as GT/Forza. Give SMS 10 times the budget and the manpower and I bet they will happily make several hundred cars as well. They will not make unrealistic "slap a ridiculous turbo and super soft racing slicks on a city car" GT/Forza style upgrades though. Which I m very happy about.

Hey, PCARS is what it is. And sometimes, only on rare occasions, it acts as an alternative to Forza. For a crowd-funded game, it's okay. Has its strengths.

We have to wait and see. But I am sure GT7 will have more stuff than Forza7 and Pcars2. Definitely GT7 will have dynamic time of day, weather unlike Forza6. PD are sometimes too ambitious and like to add too many things. Project Morpheus VR headset support is also something they are probably going to add. Pcars is a good example. You need to have time and money to make great game especially if it is going to big.

DC has been doing great job and has awesome photomode too. I hope they make Motorstorm PR sequel next though. Love that game. Otherwise I do not think Sony needs to rush things. I am not sure they are going for F1 license again especially that SL sadly no longer exist. May be they can open new PD offices in US, UK by hiring experienced devs for doing engine sounds and other things for the game :confused:

Seriously disappointing car list; tell me about it. And apart from a select 4 or 5 cars, most of them are just slow. You don't get to add parts to make em' go faster, which I think really blows.

I don't mind the slow cars at all and in fact, I usually play with them the most in GT and FM. Problem is, as you put, I can't make them go faster by adding parts to them.

So as a result, Project Cars is my go to game for dynamic time and weather track days. Combine that feature with the excellent helmet cam, it's a hot lap experience that has yet to beat by GT or FM and won't be in the foreseeable future either.

I don't mind the slow cars at all and in fact, I usually play with them the most in GT and FM. Problem is, as you put, I can't make them go faster by adding parts to them.

So as a result, Project Cars is my go to game for dynamic time and weather track days. Combine that feature with the excellent helmet cam, it's a hot lap experience that has yet to beat by GT or FM and won't be in the foreseeable future either.

Mister, wait till you experience FM6's night and rain driving. Though the helmet cam stuff... PCARS edges ahead. I wish we could have helmet cam while having the engine sounds of Forza.

Bought this ok Psn during the summer-sale. I LOVE IT!!!!

Man, it reminds me of the race driver series on Ps2 by Codemasters. I have the same sentiments: yes it isn't gran turismo, and you have to adjust to the steering, but man is it fun!

Love the track-selection as well. And my god can it look beautifull.

I don't really understand why everbody is so dissappointed with this game. I think it's just great!

Bought this ok Psn during the summer-sale. I LOVE IT!!!!

Man, it reminds me of the race driver series on Ps2 by Codemasters. I have the same sentiments: yes it isn't gran turismo, and you have to adjust to the steering, but man is it fun!

Love the track-selection as well. And my god can it look beautifull.

I don't really understand why everbody is so dissappointed with this game. I think it's just great!

Not everybody is dissappointed with the game just some are no matter how good is the game it's never good enough ;)

Forza 5 is a let down compared to Forza 4 but for me it cost £10, so for that its fantastic, its all relative, if someone spends 40-50 quid on a game and feel its lacking or has bugs they are going to be alot more vocal about it and angry.... PCars cost me £25 for limited edition so really for that price point i cant really complain too much about it as its going to give me its worth back 10 fold......

I mean christ up untill i got the Xbox 1 few months ago i was still playing Race Pro on xbox 360 a bit and nailing shift 2 all the time, both flawed and bugged to point of broken but within that you can get your monies worth as there's still some good there...

Forza 5 is a let down compared to Forza 4 but for me it cost £10, so for that its fantastic, its all relative, if someone spends 40-50 quid on a game and feel its lacking or has bugs they are going to be alot more vocal about it and angry.... PCars cost me £25 for limited edition so really for that price point i cant really complain too much about it as its going to give me its worth back 10 fold......

I mean christ up untill i got the Xbox 1 few months ago i was still playing Race Pro on xbox 360 a bit and nailing shift 2 all the time, both flawed and bugged to point of broken but within that you can get your monies worth as there's still some good there...

Both FM5 and PCARS cost me $60 each.. :banghead:

Forza 5.. no regrets at all..though ...ahh what's the use, Forza 6 is coming out! PCARS, I wanted to break it in half.. so put it away, until patch 2.0 came out, and that made it playable. It's an interesting alternative to Forza actually. Their physics engine may not be the best but it still is quite good. :cheers:

Mister, wait till you experience FM6's night and rain driving. Though the helmet cam stuff... PCARS edges ahead. I wish we could have helmet cam while having the engine sounds of Forza.

Considering that FM6 doesn't have dynamic weather and time, the videos I have seen of it have done little to sway my opinion in regards to Project Cars being my go to experience.

I am still buying it though.:)

Both FM5 and PCARS cost me $60 each.. :banghead:

Forza 5.. no regrets at all..though ...ahh what's the use, Forza 6 is coming out! PCARS, I wanted to break it in half.. so put it away, until patch 2.0 came out, and that made it playable. It's an interesting alternative to Forza actually. Their physics engine may not be the best but it still is quite good. :cheers:

I love PCars physics, for the first time ever in gaming a car with stupid amounts of aero and obscene fat slicks actually feels like it should.
Its like games have to pretend that cars with millions of pounds spent on them and made by engineering Gods should drive like the back wheels are on ice....no thanks.... i love PCars for not being scared of making a high end modern racing car 'easy' to drive....(finding the limit is the skill not the just getting it around a track)...

Latest Posts

Back