Top 10 lap times

• Thread starter Tucciix
  • 9 comments
England
England
Tucciix
zGeeek
Ok... so... i maybe just bad at this but:

I was trying to improve my lap time on the sport mode qualification with the Mitsubishi (Kyoto driving park) and im stuck on 45:040. however my times really dont come near that normally. So i checked the top 10 leader boards and checked a few replays and whhaaaat!? am i missing something because after the first giant sweeping corner, their acceleration goes a lot higher than mine and they reach up to 116 mph where im topping out at around 109.

Are they still using the stock car or can they customise the car on sport mode? or is it just me needing more practice and if so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I was trying to improve my lap time on the sport mode qualification with the Mitsubishi (Kyoto driving park) and im stuck on 45:040. however my times really dont come near that normally. So i checked the top 10 leader boards and checked a few replays and whhaaaat!? am i missing something because after the first giant sweeping corner, their acceleration goes a lot higher than mine and they reach up to 116 mph where im topping out at around 109.

Are they still using the stock car or can they customise the car on sport mode? or is it just me needing more practice and if so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
As far as I know they are not cheating, they are just really fast

We call them... Aliens...

It's also gearing and setting your car up the correct way. I've been running the Gr.4 Dragon Trail Seaside Daily Race since yesterday. And the top guys are sitting at 1:46.xxx while my fastest time is at 1:49.843. I am winning like 75% of my races in my B class group so far. But the fast guys are probably Division 1 Gold Drivers from the community haha. I've barely touched my current car's setup minus the gearing. I've raced against some A class drivers and the lines we both take are different. I doubt anyone is cheating unless the gap is really wide.

It's also gearing and setting your car up the correct way. I've been running the Gr.4 Dragon Trail Seaside Daily Race since yesterday. And the top guys are sitting at 1:46.xxx while my fastest time is at 1:49.843. I am winning like 75% of my races in my B class group so far. But the fast guys are probably Division 1 Gold Drivers from the community haha. I've barely touched my current car's setup minus the gearing. I've raced against some A class drivers and the lines we both take are different. I doubt anyone is cheating unless the gap is really wide.
He is referring to the N300 1 make races where you can't tune

He is referring to the N300 1 make races where you can't tune

Oh.. so if you cant tune in that race... then.. wow. I need some serious practice lol. I need to figure out how to come out of the first corner faster. Would be so much easier if i could race their ghosts like in Forza. I could see where im going wrong.

Oh.. so if you cant tune in that race... then.. wow. I need some serious practice lol. I need to figure out how to come out of the first corner faster. Would be so much easier if i could race their ghosts like in Forza. I could see where im going wrong.
In gt6 you could race their ghost but it was humiliating

There's a tonne of nuance to the driving model and physics. One thing I've learnt is that it's often beneficial to minimise the amount you're hearing or feeling more aggressive tire squeel or skid. Even minute losses of traction or skidding can affect times, exit speeds etc. Often it's not about flooring it out of a corner, but getting on the throttle gradually, to minimise loss of traction and maximise speed. I've taken certain corners almost pedestrian in terms of throttle aggression, but pulled quicker times because of the added traction.

The top lap runners are probably effectively managing their throttle this way. Add to that, gearing makes a huge difference too. I don't mean tuning gears, but just ensuring you're in the right gear at the right time, which is something I struggle with myself. I still shift like I drive in real life, whereas shifting in racing is a different beast altogether.

Sometimes being in a lower gear for added traction will massively help, whilst other times you might want to stay in a temporarily non ideal higher gear for smoother more gradual power delivery and a higher exit speed. I managed to shave off 1.5 seconds a lap in a few of the dailys just re-calibrating my shifts and the gears I was in or using on different corners.

Back