• Poll closed .

Liquid

Fission Mailed
Premium
Slovakia
Bratvegas
GTP_Liquid
latest

Something I thought might be fun for a few weeks. There will be some potato-quality images.

Use whatever criteria you want:

Which is your favourite
Which you think is objectively the best
Which was the most imaginative
Which captured the spirit of the challenge

Original Challenge Winner: Nobody
Despite its initial unreliability James' car made it the furthest to the end

Top Gear vs. Budget Supercars vs. Ferrari vs. Maserati vs. Lamborphini 2.jpg

Jeremy's Maserati Merak "SS"
Note: This was a basic Merak with the SS badge being an aftermarket addition

Cost: £7,000
Problems: Headlights, brakes, coolant, dashboard and dials, serious loss of horsepower, owner lied about an engine rebuild; led to a complete engine failure and blow-up

i033777.jpg

James' Lamborghini Uracco

Cost: Not stated
Problems: Battery/altenator, dashboard and dials, loss of horsepower, a complete electrical sink, ran out of petrol

i033775.jpg

Richard's Dino 308 GT4

Cost: £10,000
Problems: A "George" ASDA Ferrari, rusted sub-frame, "misfire" at Castle Combe, mild loss of horespower, dashboard and dials, ran out of petrol

i033772.jpg

Definitely the Maserati. If I lived in Europe I definitely would have bought one. Would have made my life a living hell of course, but damn. I would buy one tomorrow if I could regardless of my financial status.

Why does Europe get all of the cool used cars?

The Ferrari had the least problems and wasn't a bucket of scrap like the other 2 (especially the Maserati) despite a rusting subframe.

The Dino was clearly the best car but the Urraco is so good looking. It's tough to call.

Supercar buyer logic dictates that I should favour the best-looking car that barely worked over the "Ferrari" that sort of worked most of the time, and to ignore Jeremy's lemon.

Latest Posts

Back