Top Gear is rubbish..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
3
Before we start; I am 45 years old, not 12.
I understand comedy, I am also able to recognize repackaged crap when I see it.
It is not a comedy, it is a car show.
It is not funny anymore, it was mildly amusing sometime ago; not now.
Three middle aged men, desperately trying to hide the beer bellies, so sad.
They started to look very silly a long time ago, time to stop I think.
The format is the same every time they are on, do something else, anything..
Maybe it is me, be the market they seem to be after is teenagers, I must be too old..
It is all scripted, written in a way to make them look like they are clever, cool, young hip things.
They are not.
All the stunts are staged, fake caravan fires, fake cars pushed off cliffs; it goes on and on..
Something wrong with men that are 40 plus trying to impress 12 year olds.
 
Has nothing to do with GT5. Also, if you don't like something, don't watch it.
 
Wrong Forum...
 
Cool story bro.
 
This thread will be closed really soon. This is a flame war waiting to happen. Why even start such a thread. If you don't like them then don't watch and keep your mouth shut.
 
This thread will be closed really soon. This is a flame war waiting to happen. Why even start such a thread. If you don't like them then don't watch and keep your mouth shut.

If you look at the OP's only other post, you'll see a trend developing.
 
Fishfingers1966
Before we start; I am 45 years old, not 12.
I understand comedy, I am also able to recognize repackaged crap when I see it.
It is not a comedy, it is a car show.
It is not funny anymore, it was mildly amusing sometime ago; not now.
Three middle aged men, desperately trying to hide the beer bellies, so sad.
They started to look very silly a long time ago, time to stop I think.
The format is the same every time they are on, do something else, anything..
Maybe it is me, be the market they seem to be after is teenagers, I must be too old..
It is all scripted, written in a way to make them look like they are clever, cool, young hip things.
They are not.
All the stunts are staged, fake caravan fires, fake cars pushed off cliffs; it goes on and on..
Something wrong with men that are 40 plus trying to impress 12 year olds.

I'll second that.
 
Kick back and watch the replies :cool:
 
South Park just had an episode describing this same situation. All The new music sounds like crap!
 
Congrats on finding out how nearly all TV shows work. :rolleyes:
 
I like Top Gear its for all the Family (Sort of) but theres other car shows out there for you like Fifth Gear which is more mature!
 
Wow, isn't that nice. Everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess. But a bit of advice for OP. If you post something to start a heated debate or whatever, it's not smart. In fact, I think it's stupid.

oh and just fyi: I love Top Gear, even though sometimes it is stupid and a little OTT.
 
guess your to old... but you act so young... grow up old man
 
It figures the guys with 6 posts and 13 posts would side with the guy that started the thread which has 2 posts. WTH is going on out here?(Vince Lombardi voice) Someone please shut this thread down.
 
Well if they were 100 % serious about it they would be called Fifth gear (which is a fantastic show)Top Gear does have it's astonishing moments mind you.

Edit:Oh wait this is the GT5 section :lol:
 
Too old?I think not.

When i go to my Father's house on Wed and Sunday we watch this together.My Dad really isn't a big car nut,he just thinks the show is hillarious.Mind you he is 53 and can appreciate British humor.

So being too old just got thrown straight out the window there.
 
Lol, what a waste of internet space.
 
Somethings definatly not right about this
 
i unfortunately agree (i'm 15 if anyone cares). But i still enjoy watching it :)
 
If you think the original is bad you should see the American version.
 
Congrats on finding out how nearly all TV shows work. :rolleyes:

I agree.

Fifth Gear may be more....scientific, but I could care less. Top gear is as entertaining as a car show can get.

And really, what the hell do you expect? Show has been on over a decade and now you dont find it funny, boo-flaggin-ho.

Reminds me of when they did the north pole episode and people were screaming that they didnt actually do the trek because they had mechanics, medics, and camera vehicles.

This is the kind of thread a 12 year old would make.
 
Before we start; I am 45 years old, not 12.

Its funny that you felt the need to get that out of the way first since you knew that a 12 year old is exactly what you would sound like.
 
Before we start; I am 45 years old, not 12.
Then it's about time you realise how forums work.

Gran Turismo 5 forum should only contain threads about GT5. Top Gear is not GT5.

Threads about Top Gear go in the TV and movies forum, but we've got one there already.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back