Top Gear Test Track replica?

• Thread starter Barcelonic
  • 15 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelonic
OK so i suck. And i know it. But i've tried and tried and simply cannot unlock this for arcade mode.

Anyone know if there are any tracks going around which try to replicate it - maybe that way you could send it over. It wouldnt be as good cus i couldnt compare with times from the show but in terms of complexity, length and elevation it's almost the perfect test track imo (no elevation tho)

Anyone heard of any of these, im new to the course making forum really so i wouldnt know. I only just found out you can send tracks to each other lol.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to replicate a track like that on Course Maker because the Maker will auotmatically put plenty of elevation change into any circuit and it will not do crossovers. The closest you could do is maybe a long Tokyo Bay track (which is flat), but it will be very short, very tight, and not all that fast.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to replicate a track like that on Course Maker because the Maker will auotmatically put plenty of elevation change into any circuit and it will not do crossovers. The closest you could do is maybe a long Tokyo Bay track (which is flat), but it will be very short, very tight, and not all that fast.

i dont mind a bit of elevation (personally id prefer a little) and i dont really care about the crossover, its just it is a short track with just the right mix of corners and straights.

So i suppose basically im looking for something very similar in length to the TGTT, but with around the same amount of corners of around the same complexity.

If you upload your game save, I can try and unlock it for you. ...assuming the saves dont mind being used on another profile.

The challenge is not such difficult as it appears on the condition you put some driving assistances on for the Lotus.

Didn't find it such difficult. The important being to use the slipstream (what is ridiculous at that speed.

i tried for an hour before and i nearly finished 2nd but messed it on the last corner.

ive tried using slipstreams but either ill overtake then get rammed from an angle or ill end up hitting a cone. i still dont get how some cones you can hit and others you can't.

i can do the thing u suggested and take them at corners but you have to take like at least 2 cars per corner on average which means you cant afford to lose much speed which means me usually hitting the cones lol.

maybe one day ill try again but it just seemed insurmountable at the time.

also about the driving aids, which ones should i put on to make it easier to do? the only one i know anything about is the driving line which i dont find that helpful. i dont really know which the others are

You nead the driving aids for the Lotus, but not for the VW bus, which drives faster without them (except ABS=1)

i ... i ... i've ... cus i ... im ... i

i ... i ... i

i ... i ... ive ... ill ...ill ...i ... i ... u ... ill ... i ... i ... i ... i

thanks for the tips guys ill have to take another crack at it now grr lol ;)

Take another crack at the AUP while you're at it:

AUP
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back