Top Gear Test Track

• Thread starter TonyLomas
  • 23 comments
TonyLomas
Does anyone else wish there was a seasonal that included the TGTT?
I really like this track and feel it's completely under used. It's only available in one A spec race and then the 3 special events. Which gives you about 45 cars out of 1000+ that you can use on the track.
I know you can do arcade and online races but this is one of the few brand new tracks to the GT Series and I think it should be in a new seasonal.

On a separate note, I do enjoy racing each new seasonal that comes out though.

GfxJG
I believe it's due to Forza having the actual Top Gear license.

Forza does not own the license to Top Gear, BBC owns the license and it allows both Gran Turismo and Forza to use their content in their games. If BBC really wanted to the could yank every GT5 copy off the selves to remove the track but they allow the content to be used in the game. It up to PD to utilize the track or not.

Hi

I would think it isn't used more because its a figure of 8 layout with two possible crashing points, Chicago and Followthrough, it isn't funny when you are trying really hard, just beinh bumped by a car cumming from your side!

Hi

I would think it isn't used more because its a figure of 8 layout with two possible crashing points, Chicago and Followthrough, it isn't funny when you are trying really hard, just beinh bumped by a car cumming from your side!

Could be used for time trials though. My personal opinion is that a 2 hour endurance with 16 cars would be awesome!!! :D

pedrocor
Hi

Who cares thats the drivers problem.

You can add Monaco and London to the neglected tracks list...

There's only about 20 cars you can run on Cote D'Azur for money :(

Just so you know, London and Monaco are in the British lightweight seasonal, so there are a few more cars that you can use.

I don't miss monaco at all... I had plenty time in it in GT4! Couldn't stand it no more! Always the last race of the championship, and with the most number of laps.
I do miss Monza, and Fuji.

+1!! I would love to see the TGTT on a Seasonal.

I think the only issue with using the course for a time trial would be the inevitable cheating. If those kooks can find ways to break out of Suzuka and the Ring, I'm sure the TGTT would simply be a challenge to cut as many chicanes and corners as possible.

...It's only available in one A spec race and then the 3 special events. Which gives you about 45 cars out of 1000+ that you can use on the track...
In the meantime you can race any of your favourites in Practice or Arcade mode (I forget which one, maybe both) and therefore be ready when PD implements the TGTT.

I took a few JGTCs around it, lots of fun...

Forza does not own the license to Top Gear, BBC owns the license and it allows both Gran Turismo and Forza to use their content in their games. If BBC really wanted to the could yank every GT5 copy off the selves to remove the track but they allow the content to be used in the game. It up to PD to utilize the track or not.

No, BBC couldn't do that as they did license the content already.

But then Forza got a better deal, and many believe the Top Gear components to GT5 were stripped out at the later stages.

It's a shame, but indeed Top Gear made a deal and that doesn't favor GT5. I think that's a mistake. GT5 is a much more popular game than Forza 4 will be. But hey, money talks and BS walks.

The Top Gear challenges were terrible, IMO. Just dull as a rock, considering how creative the show is. At least we got the track. That's a lot of fun, but you have to make it that way on your own.

There is a top gear USA track. Hope it makes it into the next version of the game.

I wouldn't mind a seasonal using the TGTT; maybe a time trial in the Elise on Comfort Hard. But, someone already pointed out a cheat to get really quick times on this track, so I wouldn't hope to see it any time soon.

TonyLomas
Just so you know, London and Monaco are in the British lightweight seasonal, so there are a few more cars that you can use.

I know but there is no open events, none I can drive an Audi R8 or a Ferrari Italia or a Lamborghini etc or even a BMW 5 series or a GT car. Hoping for a Cote D'Azur allstar race for prize money :)

Oh god please no...this track actually sucks big time, its not really challenging, its a figure 8 and they just got it because TG is so famous around the globe...where are the old tracks?

I know but there is no open events, none I can drive an Audi R8 or a Ferrari Italia or a Lamborghini etc or even a BMW 5 series or a GT car. Hoping for a Cote D'Azur allstar race for prize money :)
Umm...Practice Mode and Arcade Mode, or am I repeating myself too much?

Prize money champ?
No prize money, but it doesn't always have to be about getting cash for doing something, eh? You can do this for the fun of it. That's why I got the game, not for cash that isn't real :)

Yeah, there's time trial and races - mostly a lot tougher than career mode...

Pretty sure BBC doesn't own the track. They have no say!

Designed by lotus cars. And owned by Dunsfold Park.

Back