Top Gear to return on 24th Oct 2004 folks!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pebb
  • 16 comments
  • 998 views
Messages
16,737
England
Southampton, UK
Messages
Pebb--
Messages
Pebb
The main highlights are:

The Porsche Challenge
Ferrari 575M GTC v Aston Vanquish S
Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster
New Porsche 911
BMW 1-Series
New Ford Focus
Supercharged Ariel Atom
 
Looks like a solid line-up. Just counting down the days on my calender till the 24th. I hope that they continue the 1 lap race accompanied with cheesy 80's music aswell.
 
does anyone know if top gear is on starchoice on any other channel than bbc? I used to get bbc until one day it just said I needed to subscribe.
 
Thanks TVR&Ferrari_Fan. I new it was coming back in the winter, just not when.
Can't wait for JC to slate the looks of the new Ford Focus.:yuck:
 
woo hoo, Sunday nights arn't the same without a bit of JC Sarcasm
 
24th! I can't wait a week!
 
Proof that the BBC loves us all :P
Can't wait.

Also has anyone else noticed how much the BBC makes use of the British army?
I can think of several programs this year where they have been brought in to do little bits. An example was last season on Top gear when they got them to try and get missile lock on Jeremy and his Lotus as seen here..

www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/downloads/lotus_vs_apache_broadband.ram
Or:
www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/downloads/lotus_vs_apache_narrowband.ram

Oh, and that's the most entertaining bit of TV i have seen for a while :)
 
Though I would revive this thread instead of creating another one.

So everyone see Sundays show? American muscle, pfff. I couldn't believe they called a C-130 hurcules in for the show. they really do use the British forces alot. :dopey:
And the Ice cream van! I thinkw e could all tell that the ice cream van wasn't going to make it, but it was worth the shot. :lol:
And Top Gear's slamming of teh new 911 design was classic. Nice to see they still have that sarcastic edge. :D
 
The 911 and Jag Vs Monaro Vs 300c videos can be found here

http://www.sleepy-fish.com/other_veh.htm

This site generally has the best bits of Top Gear avaliable to download a day or two after they are aired on the BBC.

However I would ask that you DO NOT directly link to the files, screw with the guys bandwidth and he may well take them down.

Good listing of stuff from the last few series.

Did anyone else who say this weeks show spot JC spinning at the 'ring with Sabine (fastest 'ring taxi driver) in a Jag?
 
Yeah, it was in the 'what's to come' clip wasn't it? Looks very interesting!
 
ExigeExcel
Yeah, it was in the 'what's to come' clip wasn't it? Looks very interesting!

Thats the one, i've got a video clip somewere of JC and Sabine from when she took him round the 'ring in an M5 Ring-Taxi, she's talking about how she set the Ring-Taxi record at 19 in a Cosworth.

Think you should still be able to download it at www.racingflix.com

Edited to add the full link

http://www.racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=544

download speeds on this site are pants (about 5kps), but the video is worth it.
 
Regarding last sunday.. Do you reckon Clarkson realy ate his own hair? :P
And that "how many bouncy castles can we jump over in an ice-cream van" looked like realy good fun.
 
And in tonights show we will have the following

- The new Ford Focus is put through its paces
- Jeremy sees how the supercars of the 1980s stack up against today's offerings
- A 16-year old skateboarder races the Bowler Wildcat a down a mountain
- There's the second instalment of Top Gear Restoration
- The Stig power laps the Ferrari Enzo
- Geri Halliwell is the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car

Stig in the Enzo, should be fun.
 
I can't wait for the 1980's part myself :)

It's on at 8pm isn't it? I seem to remember it being on at 9 but i can't be sure..
 
Just to add a little something.
This weeks show (21-11-04) featured the Nurburgring Nordeshlieferynvfoqbir..whatever! Talking to one or two people there one said how he had played a game on the Xbox that featured the track (PGR2) and that it was simply not accurate enough to inform him of all the bumps and different cambers etc. I wonder if the GT4 track will be closer to the real thing?
 
I thought that too.

Obviously the game will always be supprisingly different to the real thing, but at the most it would be good for learning the course. If that Jaguar deisel is in GT4 it would be great to see if you can manage the 9 minutes 59 seconds he did :)
 
Or the 9'12 that Sabine managed.
 
Back