Top Speed Car!

• Thread starter Piotr
  • 19 comments
Which car in GT5P JPN has the highest top speed and what is it? I'm not sure what car would be best for the Daytona track.

IMO either the Nissan GT-R'35 or the Ferrari 599. I prefer the GT-R but others may differ. The Ferrari 430 is also fast but it hits the redline along the straight at about 309km I think. Try them all out anyway.

nige

IMO either the Nissan GT-R'35 or the Ferrari 599. I prefer the GT-R but others may differ. The Ferrari 430 is also fast but it hits the redline along the straight at about 309km I think. Try them all out anyway.

nige

jep,those are fast ,but nige..have you ever tried the corvette?..in a slipstream you can hit over 330km?h!!...without about 310/311 or so...it just needs a "clean" exit of the corner to reach Vmax and its more diff to get this with the chevy,but when you get it right...:crazy:......BTW:there will be an even more powerfull corvette out soon (600hp or so) hope that one will be in gt5 as well...:)

jep,those are fast ,but nige..have you ever tried the corvette?..in a slipstream you can hit over 330km?h!!...without about 310/311 or so...it just needs a "clean" exit of the corner to reach Vmax and its more diff to get this with the chevy,but when you get it right...:crazy:......BTW:there will be an even more powerfull corvette out soon (600hp or so) hope that one will be in gt5 as well...:)

Thanks for the tip. I have tried it of course but not at Daytona. Will have to give it a go :cheers:

nige

I find the R8 is the best car for Daytona because it has very good cornering.. On the straights it falls slightly behind though but makes it all back in the bends.

Robin

I find the R8 is the best car for Daytona because it has very good cornering.. On the straights it falls slightly behind though but makes it all back in the bends.

Robin

Yeah the mid-engine allwheel drive makes it very stable. The very fastest I've done is 340km/h in the Ferrari 599.

The Z06 is very fast as well, can't wait for the Porsches in GT5:drool:

Yeah the mid-engine allwheel drive makes it very stable. The very fastest I've done is 340km/h in the Ferrari 599.

The Z06 is very fast as well, can't wait for the Porsches in GT5:drool:

o0...theres porsches in GT5? or do you mean the RUF's?

I don't expect it to make into GT5 right off the bat, but with the PSN there is no reason why we shouldn't have teh new ZR1 in a download car pack in the future. It will truly be a monster on the straights, and with some tuning the corners as well.:cheers:

Yea my Car and Driver had a Ford GT that was tuned by some tuning shop. It won the 0 to 200 to 0 challenge. The Tuner said Ford did a wonderful job on the motor, didn't have to do anything internally.

Must be why Kaz Yamauchi has two, America's ONLY supercar.

Oh come now Mustang, I know you read the shootouts in all the mags. The Z06 was always competitive with the GT. The GT did have an edge, on the old C5 Z06, not sure about the new Z06. The new ZR1 will be faster than the GT for sure, but I don't think it would be competitive on a track, since the GT has a superior mid engine layout. I can't wait to see another shootout.

nige

Hmm I drove the SL55 online and i can beat the GT-R, or maybe those drives really suck?

Oh come now Mustang, I know you read the shootouts in all the mags. The Z06 was always competitive with the GT. The GT did have an edge, on the old C5 Z06, not sure about the new Z06. The new ZR1 will be faster than the GT for sure, but I don't think it would be competitive on a track, since the GT has a superior mid engine layout. I can't wait to see another shootout.
The Ford GT was miles better than the C5 Z06, it's the current Z06 that's a close match to the GT, the C5 was way, way, way behind it in terms of performance.

Hmm I drove the SL55 online and i can beat the GT-R, or maybe those drives really suck?

You may well be right. The thread starter asked for opinions as to the car with the highest top speed. I was only replying from my own experience. As I haven't driven the SL55 around Daytona, I could not possibly comment as to whether it is better than any other car or not.
In most cases it depends on the quality of the racer. IMO it is best to try them them out and find which suits you the best.
In fact, with the drafting physics that PD have employed it is quite easy for somebody in a lesser powered car to stay behind until the last bend and use the draft system to overtake before the finish line.

nige

Speaking of Japanese supercars..did you know that Amuse has tuned the new R35 skyline? Other cars include the new BMW M3 and something else, I can't seem to remember.

The race that I have run the most for money to buy cars is the A-1 3 lap Daytona. The best car that I have found for this is the Corvette. I have both Ferraris and the Audi R-8 and the Corvette has the speed and handling.

Top speed is useless if it puts you in the wall lap after lap. Top speed is useless if you have to slow down to 260 to get through the turns and you are getting passed by those 430's you just FLEW by.

Top speed is useless when the race completion times are within hundredths and thousandths.

The 430 is the best "all around" car at Daytona.

The 599 and Z06 are good if you can get them slowed down for the turns. Some people are VERY good in both of these cars.

The GTR is another car that does not suit every driver. Most people that use the GTR make their mark at Daytona by smearing their paint on the walls. It is rare to find a driver skilled enough in the GTR that can run with the 430, 599, and Z06.

Rarer still is a competitive R8. There were competitive R8's in the Japanese 10 lap race at Daytona on S2 tires. The 599 and the Z06 were useless in that race. While the advantage of the 430 was diminished by 20 kph in the turns.

They need to give us (the US Test Race) a 10 lapper on R3 tires!!!

You have a completely different mindset when you are doing a 3 lap dash vs. a 10 lap race with reduced draft which leads to packs spreading out. Concentration to run the perfect line was critical.

Back