Top Speed tuning

United States
United States
Would anyone be willing to share basic starting points for obtaining top speed on Stage Route X?
for example, what would you lean toward on the following? Just looking for some BASIC starting points to fine tune per vehicles.

Ride Height high or low?
Flat floor, Yes or no?
Camber angle?

I see ZR1's and GTR's that are going 306mph (no nitrous or draft) with my Huayra and my GTR/ZR1's do not come close to even 300mph. Its driving me nuts.

Thanks for any info. If you do not like posting your info, but wouldn't mind helping a guy out feel free to message it to me! Also, you always see cars like the Huayra, TZ3, Supra, One 77 etc., in these races. If you know of any "sleeper" street cars that are fast lets hear about them!

Ride height isn't very important, but putting it as low as possible doesn't hurt. The flat floor adds a ton of drag, so don't add it if you want to hit 300+ mph. Camber doesn't matter because it's broken in GT6, it has no positive effect, so just set that as 0. As far as breaking 300 mph without Nos or drafts goes, there are only a handful of cars that can actually manage that, without going downhill. It's more likely the ZR1's and GT-R's are doing high 290's. My personal favorite "sleeper" street car is the Mitsubishi 3000GT, which can break 300 easily with Nos or a draft. If you're looking for more cars check out my thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/300-mph-club.294757/

Ride height isn't very important, but putting it as low as possible doesn't hurt. The flat floor adds a ton of drag, so don't add it if you want to hit 300+ mph. Camber doesn't matter because it's broken in GT6, it has no positive effect, so just set that as 0. As far as breaking 300 mph without Nos or drafts goes, there are only a handful of cars that can actually manage that, without going downhill. It's more likely the ZR1's and GT-R's are doing high 290's. My personal favorite "sleeper" street car is the Mitsubishi 3000GT, which can break 300 easily with Nos or a draft. If you're looking for more cars check out my thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/300-mph-club.294757/

I like the link, thanks! I will try those cars out WITHOUT the flat floor, I hope its something I can remove without building a new car. I will try this evening! Using the Huayra, I have been side by side at 306mph with a GTR the WHOLE length of the stage x once, so I know he couldn't have been spraying the whole way. It really surprised me.

Using the Huayra, I have been side by side at 306mph with a GTR the WHOLE length of the stage x once, so I know he couldn't have been spraying the whole way. It really surprised me.

Interesting, there must have been a change it something via updates since the last time I've done a top speed run in either of those cars.

I've just started getting into this myself. A few things I've found:

-suspension has little to no effect. Only reason for tuning is for a better launch, and more control in the corners (important at 300mph+, or at SSR7)

-"flipping" the transmission is key to getting a good top speed, at least in my experience. Set final to max, set top speed slider to lowest (or as low as possible while still being able to get your desired top speed...takes a little practice, but you figure it out eventually), then drag the final all the way back to the left. I usually set it 200 clicks higher than the lowest value. Setting your transmission like this allows you to have really tall 4, 5, 6, 7, etc while still having them close together, with minimal rpm drop when you up-shift.

-study the torque and hp graph. Where does your car make the most power, and the most torque? Depending on the car and the turbo setup, peak power is not always at the redline. Set your transmission up so that you up-shift just past where the engine makes peak power, and so that the corresponding rpm drop lands you as close to peak torque as possible.

-watch your speed increase, and try to space your gears so that your acceleration is as smooth as possible. To reach really high speeds, you have to sort of, "launch" the car into the highest levels of speed. Setting your early gears (1, 2, 3, 4) longer will slightly decrease your acceleration off the line, or slow roll (minimal if the trans is tweaked properly), but it will allow you to have better mid-speed acceleration, and set up gears 5, 6, (& 7) for a top speed run. For your higher gears, try to get it so your rpm is as close to peak power as possible, with minimal shift drop.

-for most of my cars, I set my transmission so I reach maximum cruising speed (no NO2, no draft) at peak power in my second- to-last gear. I use the last gear for bottle and drafting. I set the last gear so that, when in an extended draft and with a full shot of NO2, I reach my top speed while the engine rpm are at peak power.

Back