Total Mileage silliness

  • Thread starter Thread starter BadBatsuMaru
  • 23 comments
  • 890 views
Messages
807
There have been other threads about the milage being a little funny in GT3, but this is a pretty big bug.

I've been trying to get the F094/S in a nice color on day 50. I did all the licenses, Arcade Mode, TT's on day 1-48, so on day 49 I had 30.5% complete and 0 miles on all 7 cars. My Total Mileage, obviously, was 0.0 miles.

Then on day 49, I entered the Polyphony Digital Cup with the Viper Concept (no miles on the car, no oil change, no new tires). I did the first 9 races and saved.

So, I ran race 10 -- Tokyo R246. The race was 63.2 miles and my Viper then had 517.5 miles on it. That sounds fine, but for some reason my garage said Total Mileage = 102.5 miles. I won the Escudo, so I reloaded, and I tried just quitting after race 9. My Viper then only had 453.4 miles on it and my garage said Total Mileage = 0.0 miles!

GT3-PD10.jpg


GT3-102.5miles.jpg


GT3-0miles.jpg


Sorry the last one's blurry, but it says 0.0 miles.
 
I mean, it's just so strange. It's not like GT3 is forgetting the miles in the series when I reload. At least that would make sense. It's doing something completely weird. It's giving me no miles for 9 races, then 102.5 miles for a 63 mile race.
 
Thats really wierd. Have you tried this with any other car? Maybe it's the car, although that doesn't make any sense.
 
That's pretty weird, never noticed that before, but then again I never have checked my total kilometreage before...:p
 
I don't know if you guys noticed, but for some reason his money is 3 million higher than it was in the first pic, it went from 4,000,000 to 7,000,000 so it's probably a different car.
 
and the trophies on the second one, says 45, while the top one is 46..So the one with 0.0 Miles was taken AFTER the one with mileage
 
Originally posted by Driftster
and the trophies on the second one, says 45, while the top one is 46..So the one with 0.0 Miles was taken AFTER the one with mileage

Thankyou Captain Obvious! ***salutes***

He said he quit the race before when he started it the second time, so that's why he only has 45 trophies and a less percentage complete there...
 
Interestingly enough, I drove the F094/S in Super Speedway Endurance and Like the Wind, and my status has actually added more miles than I've driven.

If this keeps up, maybe it'll even out.

GT3-day52-garage.jpg


GT3-day52-status.jpg
 
This has never happened to me, or at least I haven't seen it. Nothing seems to be wrong with my GT3 game. I don't know why it would do that on your CD, though.
 
Hmm.. as I recall it none of the arcade-races was added to my total mileage. Altough added to the car.
 
I think it depends if you drive a car from your garage or the arcade garage. But it's obvious they had to fudge the math in other places - just look at the percent complete. It stops at 99% until you complete the game ... what happened to the decimal values? The conversion from km to M must have messed up their system and they didn't care enough to fix it. No big deal, I don't pay much attention to it either (:
 
Dodge the Viper: Thanks for the explanation there :D

LoudMusic: Yeah, but I didn't use any garage cars for Arcade Mode. As I said, on day 49, before I entered my first race (PD Cup with the Viper), I had already dont all of Arcade Mode, all the licenses, and all the Time Trials and still had 0 miles on all my cars and 0.0 Total Mileage.

For a summary, the way my total mileage has gone:

First 9 races of PD Cup: added 453.4 miles to Viper, but total mileage = 0.0
Race 10 of PD Cup: added 63.5 miles to the Viper (516.9 total), but added 102.5 to total mileage (102.5 total)
Super Speedway Endurance & Like the Wind: added 280.9 miles to F094/S, but added 448.6 to total mileage (551.1 total)

So, the first 9 races with the Viper added no miles to my total, but since then my Total Mileage has been going up much faster than it should.

The actual number of miles on each individual car is correct, though -- although you have to keep in mind that miles keep adding up on your car even after the race has finished if you let the Auto Drive continue to drive your car around the track while you look at the standings.

I'm in the middle of the Formula GT right now, so it'll be interesting to see what my mileage is like after that.
 
:confused: only ever saw this happen once, which i explained in another thread, briefly: 4 hour run @apricot hill, speed 6, the 2 readings for total distance ended up around 13 kms different
Cant explain what to you there though :confused:
 
I never noticed anything strange about my total mileage, but I really didn't look. That is very unusual.

What color F094/s did you get?
 
Originally posted by Injected8706
What color F094/s did you get?

Well, when I won the first time, I got the Escudo. Then I reloaded and just quit the series (when I took the second screenshot) and got the really cool all black F094/S, but I didn't want a loss, so I reloaded and did it 4 more times, got another Escudo, a GT-One, a 3rd Escudo, then the white and dark blue F094/S.

I don't need any more practice on a 45-min race at Tokyo R246 II, so I'm sticking with the white/blue one :)

When I get 100%, though, I think I'll save the 2 laps at Midfield from the Sunday Cup for my very last race, then it'll be easy to reload until I get the color I want. I really like the Black/Black one and the Black/Yellow one.
 
Originally posted by BadBatsuMaru
I really like the Black/Black one and the Black/Yellow one.

I have the Black/Yellow one. I'm going to get the Black/Black when I get 100%... my last race is going to be the 78 laps at Monaco in the F1 championship. I already won it so all I have to do is quit the race and wait until I get the car I want.
 
Originally posted by Injected8706
I have the Black/Yellow one. I'm going to get the Black/Black when I get 100%... my last race is going to be the 78 laps at Monaco in the F1 championship. I already won it so all I have to do is quit the race and wait until I get the car I want.

What are you talking about? You can't get either of the F094's in the Formula GT.
 
Originally posted by BadBatsuMaru
What are you talking about? You can't get either of the F094's in the Formula GT.

After the Formula GT I will have 100% and can reload my save until I get the black/black F094/s.
 
Originally posted by Injected8706
After the Formula GT I will have 100% and can reload my save until I get the black/black F094/s.

You said your last race was the last race of the Formula GT. If that gives you 100%, you're going to have to do the 2-hour race all over again if you don't get the color you want.
 
Back