touge in gt5??

• Thread starter Takumi92
  • 27 comments
Windy point to point mountion roads would be awesome, Yes I would like to see Touge.

there have been a million topics like this :P i think everyone wants some nice mountain hillclimbs and downhills.

I'd like some nice long touge's, with the added spaceof blue-ray and memory of the ps3 they could do some really great things. The question is, will they?.

I hope
drivin.gif

is the point of all this downhill drifting business just to have fun or what? it seems you could get down the hill alot faster without sliding all over the place and just taking the line? i honestly dont know someone help me out here

actually, it would be faster to slide. You could use the "scandinavian flick" to achieve more speed in your turns. You might be going 30 mph in a line, but you might be going 50 sliding. So yes, it would be faster.

You do know grip driving is faster than drifting don't you?? Idon't see how going down hill should make a difference.

live4speed
You do know grip driving is faster than drifting don't you?? Idon't see how going down hill should make a difference.
that's what i thought, but im not too farmiliar with the whole drifting thing to begin with. all i remember is playing nfsu2 and the drift races were a joke. you could finish like 30 seconds after anyone else and still win...i never really got that. points for going slow?

Because when drifting you use lateral tyre scrub to slow down for a turn instead of the brakes. So when you really need the brakes, they won't be overheated from too much downhill braking.
But then, your tyres are all worn out :P.

Watch bestmotoringinternational, they have the part with touge racing. with driftking himself! they didn't do any drifting but griped point to point! Touge racing is hella fun!

drifting is just about showing off how well you can control a car with nice big angle sliding through a corner, clipping the apex and still holding decent speed. The only reason keiici, wrc drivers, and other forms of autosport drift around tight corners is because it is easier and more fun in some cases. on some corners, sliding isnt much slower. If your car is already sideways, that means you dont have to deal with understeer or suprize oversteer because the traction is already broken.

DRFT*
Watch bestmotoringinternational, they have the part with touge racing. with driftking himself! they didn't do any drifting but griped point to point! Touge racing is hella fun!

This is so true!!!
(videos mentioned below include "the king" in an ae86 and he never drifted it once!!!)

Just to weigh in for a sec...

I've just watched 150mb of 3 different touge videos and not once did they drift on purpose and if any drift came to them it was because they hit leaves or debris on the track.

Drifting is for show, even if it's in a touge match.

Touge in general is grip driving...
They drive for speed and accuracy, not smoke and appearance.

Controlled oversteer and drifting aren't the same thing... Take the time to recognize that when you talk about drifting being faster in touge races. :sly:

I will post some screen caps of the match-ups I just finished watching. They were great!
Just need some time to create the screen-caps. ;)

Edit:
I repeat... Leaves and other debris make drifting in touge races dangerous and can often represent a danger of lossing the race.

Touge is race and go not drift and show. :lol:

Btw, for those who really care about the truth of the matter...
you can find those videos I mention at "racing-flix.com"

Go find them and know the truth for yourself! :mischievous:

Gabkicks
drifting is just about showing off how well you can control a car with nice big angle sliding through a corner, clipping the apex and still holding decent speed. The only reason keiici, wrc drivers, and other forms of autosport drift around tight corners is because it is easier and more fun in some cases. on some corners, sliding isnt much slower. If your car is already sideways, that means you dont have to deal with understeer or suprize oversteer because the traction is already broken.
WRC is different when it's off road, if you watch the rally cars on tarmac stages they try to keep the back end in line, on a loose surface you rarely grip it even in a straight line so slowing down to a speed where you CAN grip it for each surface is going to take forever.

Takumi92
i would like to see a little touge action in it any one else????
HELL YEAH!!! and guys does gutter in Mount Akina really help to gain more grip out of the corner in real life? and it would be better if they have the shorcuts in Irohazaka and the one takumi vs MX-5 (the lidless gutter but have to drift through it or have enough weight transfer or yoour car will be damaged and unable to continue the race) just like in inital D

No. your all wrong. Mountain roads (this is an english message board right?) don't belong anywhere in GT, Its a game about sanctioned racing events, not street races.

I woulden't mind of PD made a game about racing on mountain roads with as much attention as they spent on the GT series, but it has to be under a different name.

Racingflix.com fan, eh, Kent? Bet your hard disk free space is pretty low... before our home pc got trashed, I'd already gotten over 5gb off of racingflix. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MakoRacing
No. your all wrong. Mountain roads (this is an english message board right?) don't belong anywhere in GT, Its a game about sanctioned racing events, not street races.

I woulden't mind of PD made a game about racing on mountain roads with as much attention as they spent on the GT series, but it has to be under a different name.

FYI, there are actually closed-off road courses for mountain racing in Japan. It started out as street racing, but over the years, as its popularity has grown, it has become institutionalized.

Much like the drag racing in the US. It started out as underground, then became legit.

And GT isn't just about sanctioned events, it's about the joy of driving. IMHO, tracks like deep forest and trial mountain are influenced a fair bit by touge driving, as is the extinct Grindelwald. Pike's Peak used to be in Turismo, and it is a mountain course.

The joy of touge is the joy of driving for the hell of it, testing yourself and the car. Problem is, most touge courses are point to point, and we haven't had point to point in a Turismo game (except for drag) for a long time.

The whole reason I used to love the original Need for Speed so much is becuase of the point to point racing, now I dont want traffic in GT5 like was in NFS but I really want point to point.

Like niky was saying, the BMI touges are sanctioned events and is not street racing.

You missed my point. Earlier there were people in this thread bringing up initial D asking for mt. aknia. Thats who my thread was directed toward. There are games for every kind of street racing, good keep it out of GT, all I want to see are sanctioned races. Thats what GT has always been about, Having fun with many different cars on a closed track. It's not about hot dogging on some back road or public streets, its about racing on circuits.

Now with that said there are some exceptions;

That BMI track would be great. Even better would be some of the roads they run on the European Hillclimb Championship, which would be point to point as well.

BTW: Testing yourself and your car needs to be in a closed environment off the street, even if you are careful you will one day test your cars safety equipment. If your real lucky you will be able to test your tolerance for pain and ability withstand major injuries. And if you are the luckiest of all you will be able to involve somebody else in your testing.

Theres no reason PD can't or shouldn't create there own touge tracks to race on, how about a Mille Miglia inspired series or touge's. That'd be ace. And MakoRacing, you're totally right about testing you're car on piblic streets, anyone that does so is a moron.

I wouldn't mind touge racing. It'd show alot of skill in driving, and would be more difficult than normal circuit racing.

MakoRacing
You missed my point. Earlier there were people in this thread bringing up initial D asking for mt. aknia. Thats who my thread was directed toward. There are games for every kind of street racing, good keep it out of GT, all I want to see are sanctioned races. Thats what GT has always been about, Having fun with many different cars on a closed track. It's not about hot dogging on some back road or public streets, its about racing on circuits.

Now with that said there are some exceptions;

That BMI track would be great. Even better would be some of the roads they run on the European Hillclimb Championship, which would be point to point as well.

BTW: Testing yourself and your car needs to be in a closed environment off the street, even if you are careful you will one day test your cars safety equipment. If your real lucky you will be able to test your tolerance for pain and ability withstand major injuries. And if you are the luckiest of all you will be able to involve somebody else in your testing.

Okay, point taken. 👍 Even though the producers of Initial D try to show that the racing is in controlled conditions (spotters, cleared roads), they don't disguise the dangers (near accidents, traffic)... unfortunately, it's still a promotion of a dangerous activity. (I secretly enjoy it, but it's just a fantasy).

But it's something people should always remember when driving 8/10ths on the road, be careful of those last 2/10ths, they might get you (and someone else) killed. :guilty:

Guys guys, drifting is show yeah, thats all, you can do it for fun and smoke, like in NFSU2, smoke counts, or it's a factor of a race like crashes in the indy 500, drivers are not supposed to crash into the walls with deadly speeds!! But it is the reason why many want to watch:) The drivers want to be fast, and the spectators want smoke.
THATS IT!
Nothing more, nothing less.

MakoRacing

The "Grand Tour" must have every thing. In evey place that people speak English, some one drives on a mountain road. any way there are mountain roads in GT already, I've just wasted time replying to nonsence.

Back