Touge Meets

  • Thread starter Thread starter fbccars924
  • 26 comments
  • 1,791 views
Messages
2,529
United States
Alton, Illinois
Messages
big_noobowski924
Are there any other GT5er's out ther that like to Touge run? I tried to do some runs but noone understood what was going on. I was running my <400hp FC3S on Sport Hards and the drifters said I was doing it wrong bc i wasn't doing slaloms on the straights and the actual racers were getting upset bc i was leaving clouds of smoke in the corners. Does anyone else do touge to? I can get some sick lap times with my FC on Trial Mtn. 1:49.xxx in a sub 400hp car. I have alot of fun doing it but would like some ppl to run and chat with. I'm not just looking for racers but ppl who are experienced and can learn from to better my knowledge.
 
Try the Drifting Forum. I can't link it but I'm sure you can find it.
I also do not know what touge means.
 
Are there any other GT5er's out ther that like to Touge run? I tried to do some runs but noone understood what was going on. I was running my <400hp FC3S on Sport Hards and the drifters said I was doing it wrong bc i wasn't doing slaloms on the straights and the actual racers were getting upset bc i was leaving clouds of smoke in the corners. Does anyone else do touge to? I can get some sick lap times with my FC on Trial Mtn. 1:49.xxx in a sub 400hp car. I have alot of fun doing it but would like some ppl to run and chat with. I'm not just looking for racers but ppl who are experienced and can learn from to better my knowledge.

Hey there. I would suggest you to look into this thread: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=252800

Its really great if you are looking for some serious touge action.

Have fun and hope to see you there.
 
@Sonic

It's basically time attack or races on japanese mountain roads.

A know a large number of drifters enjoy touge, but we don't tend to drift, we race as if it was any other race, not initial-d style :p

That's not to say an s2000's rear end doesn't slide out once in a while.
 
@Sonic

To learn what touge really is buy RaceDriver GRID
 
I love touge but unfortunately GT5 did not even have a proper touge like Fuji Kado in Forza...
 
Make one in course maker
 
^ I agree there aren't any really good touge tracks. I have been partial to Deep Forest and Trial Mountain but they arent the best for touge. I've been thinking about the nurb bc its such a narrow course and has a lot of elevation changes. I have tried making a track but I havent gotten the hang of the course creator.

Edit: I'll admit Inital D has inspired my current lineup of touge cars I'm working on. But, i am gonna convert my 88' Supra in to a bright orange monster.
 
Actually there was a good touge in GT4 (at least its layout is similar to touge), and it was Costa Di Amalfi. It is a challenging track and I really don't know why PD dropped this track...
 
I think it was because someone threw up a stink about the flags on the track, someone else may be able to explain better.
 
I love touge but unfortunately GT5 did not even have a proper touge like Fuji Kado in Forza...

Fujimi Kaido wasn't good IMO. It looks so wide and has unrealistic camber corners. I prefer playing Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2/Kaido Battle 3 or Battle Gear(3 or 4) since they got scanned Touges like Haruna, Akagi, Myogi, Iroha, Hakone and etc.
 
Last edited:
I've been scouting tracks and it seems Eiger's Road course would be a good albeit short touge track. The Nurb would be good for more experienced drivers. Trial Mtn and Deep Forest arent very tight nor are they very technical but they make for a fun and fast run. Just some ideas for working with what we have.
 
Deep Forest & Eiger???

Isn't this what Mt. Aso & Toscana tarmac tracks are for?

Or am I misunderstanding?
 
Mt Aso really shouldn't be considered a "mountain", the tracks just don't compare to actual mountain roads. :lol:

Toscana works better, but needs more elevation change.
 
Nurburgring makes a good Touge alternative, at night too!
 
Eiger Nordwand Short course has some nasty hairpins and elevation changes that are by the best i can tell similar to what youd find on a mtn pass. The nurb I agree with but I'd recomend it for more experienced drivers.
 
Mt Aso really shouldn't be considered a "mountain", the tracks just don't compare to actual mountain roads. :lol:

Toscana works better, but needs more elevation change.

Aso kind of ruins it with the big up-coming uphill sections.
 
I'd like to see a patch that adds point to point capabilities in the course creator.
 
I would just be happy if you could make Mt Aso tracks longer.
 
Fujimi Kaido wasn't good IMO. It looks so wide and has unrealistic camber corners. I prefer playing Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2/Kaido Battle 3 or Battle Gear(3 or 4) since they got scanned Touges like Haruna, Akagi, Myogi, Iroha, Hakone and etc.

Yes, I agree. The touge in Kaido Battle and Battle Gear is way better than the one in Forza.
 
Race Driver Grid had a great touge section
 
I do touge but it's at the created tracks and its usually just one section of the track and we run initial d style rules so what your doing is right and wrong at the same time
 
Two words: Mt Fusterkluck
63 turns, plenty to drift. 10p CST or send me a PM on the PSN.
 
People that don't know what Touge is should watch Best Motoring's Hot Version Touge Battles.
 
^really its drifting with less show and more speed that also doesnt utilize slaloming.
 
Back