Touring Car Class

• Thread starter mexgamer
  • 11 comments
Mexico
California, US
mexgamer
Does anybody have a list of the vehicles that fit in this class? When you set up an on-line room you can set the car restrictions to "Touring Car Class"; I would like a list of vehicles that fit in this class. Thanks in advance!

So just German touring cars? What about Japanese? There's plenty of them too.

The cars like the NSX, SC430, HSV, and GTR's are Japanese GT500.

Lexus ISF Concept falls into DTM category as well due to it being a DTM prototype car

The cars like the NSX, SC430, HSV, and GTR's are Japanese GT500.

Lexus ISF Concept falls into DTM category as well due to it being a DTM prototype car

No I meant the Altezza Touring Car, Subaru Impreza Touring Car, Mazda6 Touring Car, FTO Touring Car and Integra Type R Touring Car. Not to mention the Car Pack that has lots of Touring Cars in it.

None of these are DTM, or GT300/500 but are still Touring Cars.

No I meant the Altezza Touring Car, Subaru Impreza Touring Car, Mazda6 Touring Car, FTO Touring Car and Integra Type R Touring Car. Not to mention the Car Pack that has lots of Touring Cars in it.

None of these are DTM, or GT300/500 but are still Touring Cars.

They are kinda ambigious in category, they are fantasy cars as well built a rough regulation set.

The "TC" badged cars are actually RM's badged differently (this was discovered by Sorg exploring the GT5 files).

Cars that are listed in the "Touring car" class

--Premium--
IS F Racing Concept '08
(Seriously? only 1?)

--Standard--
Audi:-------------R8 LMS Race Car '09
Mercedes-Benz:--CLK Touring Car '00
Audi:-------------R8 LMS Race Car (Team Playstation) '09
Opel:-------------Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) '00
Audi:-------------Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02
Opel:------------ Astra Super Touring Car '02
Audi:-------------A4 Touring Car '04
Alfa Romeo:------155 2.5 V6 Ti '93
Vauxhall:---------Calibra Super Touring Car '94
Opel:-------------Calibra Touring Car '94
Mercedes-Benz:--190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II Touring Car '92

These are all "DTM" Touring cars. (Not including the R8s for obvious reasons)

Source: I have every car in the game except special edition content (and a few stragglers like the 2J), so I just used the online lobby restrictions.

@iainoflo85
The FTO was dreamed up by Polyphony if I remember right to meet touring car specs
The Touring Car Park is simply a set of "Race Modified" cars as Furin said, not technically "Touring Cars" despite the name given to them by Polyphony Digital.

Other than that, the cars you've listed seem to be just general "Touring cars"
As far as my research has brought up these cars have competed in many different racing series but no single series in particular unlike the DTM category.

But it's beside the point, the cars listed in my post are the cars allowed by the "Touring car" filter which was the OPs question :)

Last edited:
Cars that are listed in the "Touring car" class

--Premium--
IS F Racing Concept '08
(Seriously? only 1?)

--Standard--
Audi:-------------R8 LMS Race Car '09
Mercedes-Benz:--CLK Touring Car '00
Audi:-------------R8 LMS Race Car (Team Playstation) '09
Opel:-------------Astra Touring Car (Opel Team Phoenix) '00
Audi:-------------Abt Audi TT-R Touring Car '02
Opel:------------ Astra Super Touring Car '02
Audi:-------------A4 Touring Car '04
Alfa Romeo:------155 2.5 V6 Ti '93
Vauxhall:---------Calibra Super Touring Car '94
Opel:-------------Calibra Touring Car '94
Mercedes-Benz:--190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II Touring Car '92

These are all "DTM" Touring cars.

These two are not DTM car's, They are GT3 class car's even if GT5 thinks they :crazy:

Source straight from Wikipedia
R8 LMS
GT3: For 2009, Audi announced the production of an R8 LMS racing car, designed for the GT3 rules in the FIA GT3 European Championship

These two are not DTM car's, They are GT3 class car's even if GT5 thinks they :crazy:

Source straight from Wikipedia
R8 LMS
GT3: For 2009, Audi announced the production of an R8 LMS racing car, designed for the GT3 rules in the FIA GT3 European Championship

I'm well aware. I wasn't saying they were, I was stating what the game allowed with the filter "Touring cars" which is what the OP wanted.

When I said "These are all DTM cars" I had forgotten I had listed those two after all, because I was debating leaving them out of the list when I first wrote up my post, this is why I shouldn't post without caffeine in me.

It would be nice, if there were to be an update to the online lobbies, for PD to adjust/add the classes available to include all types of Touring Cars. Keep DTM the way it is, but add another category for all TC vehicles...the DLC TC, Japanese, American, and any other non-DTM Touring Cars in the game.

Maybe even add some of the cars from the Rolex Grand Am series in future installments of DLC...or into GT6 if that is not feasible.

Once again another thread for PD to take a look at for user feedback.

Back