Touring Trucks Series :: Sign Up's Now OPEN

• Thread starter Matty
  • 45 comments
MustangRyan
I can tell you with certainty that the Ram and SSR will not be competitive at all, no matter how you restrict the entries. The Silverado SST and Lightning can only compete with the Tacoma if you put a ton of ballast on the Tacoma. On a proper circuit, the Tacoma is the clear favorite to dominate. You'll want to rigorously test your power limit and minimum weight to ensure competitive balance before the first race of the season.

I plan to do so before season starts. Just waiting to get the Ram before I start 👍

You don't need the Ram. It absolutely can not compete in this field. It would need to shed 1000 pounds and gain 200 hp to have a prayer of staying on the lead lap.

I'll have a look through the other truck's in the game tonight although I may be able to figure something out. or I could just do a 3 car series with 2 car teams and a maunfacture chapionship 👍

I think you should just use the Ford, Toyota and Silverado SST mate. Obviously like Drop said you'll have to heavily ballast the Toyota and possibly lower it's power limit.

The Toyota makes the least power of the three trucks. You'll need to restrict power on the Chevy, and raise the weight on the Toyota. With proper testing, getting all three trucks to relative balance shouldn't be too hard. Just don't be surprised if the Ford comes out the weakest of the three.

The Toyota makes the least power of the three trucks. You'll need to restrict power on the Chevy, and raise the weight on the Toyota. With proper testing, getting all three trucks to relative balance shouldn't be too hard. Just don't be surprised if the Ford comes out the weakest of the three.

Oh yeah it's only about 250bhp is it not. Still they're all quite different trucks with regards to weight and power which makes them slightly tricky to balance.

Anyway, I'm off to find a suitable pace car :sly:

TomMcD
Oh yeah it's only about 250bhp is it not. Still they're all quite different trucks with regards to weight and power which makes them slightly tricky to balance.

Anyway, I'm off to find a suitable pace car :sly:

Okay then.. Anyone got a SST to lend me? :dopey:

TomMcD
Nope, as you know my save got wiped :dunce:

I know unlucky..:/ same happened me a while back.. So anyone? Might have to troll the UCD..

I can tell you with certainty that the Ram and SSR will not be competitive at all, no matter how you restrict the entries. The Silverado SST and Lightning can only compete with the Tacoma if you put a ton of ballast on the Tacoma. On a proper circuit, the Tacoma is the clear favorite to dominate. You'll want to rigorously test your power limit and minimum weight to ensure competitive balance before the first race of the season.

Yet when we went to High Speed Ring in the NASCAR Trucks I won in the Ford and Sumo in the Chevy...

Yet when we went to High Speed Ring in the NASCAR Trucks I won in the Ford and Sumo in the Chevy...

That's about the drivers in the race, not the vehicles involved. Had you been in a Toyota, you would have lapped the field.

Anyway, when I finally get the SST of Akmuq I'll start testing :gtpflag:

And anyone who want's to come help can.

Just wondering, does the restore ticket bring your car back to 0/0/0?

Anyway, when I finally get the SST of Akmuq I'll start testing :gtpflag:

And anyone who want's to come help can.

Just wondering, does the restore ticket bring your car back to 0/0/0?

I don't think it actually resets the numbers or 'miles on the clock' but it definitely resets the effects of those miles. If you have an E-Type with 250,000 miles and use a restore ticket, it'll run like it's just driven out of the factory with no engine wear and more horsepower.

TomMcD
I don't think it actually resets the numbers or 'miles on the clock' but it definitely resets the effects of those miles. If you have an E-Type with 250,000 miles and use a restore ticket, it'll run like it's just driven out of the factory with no engine wear and more horsepower.

It's good enough for me so I can make them equal 👍

Back