Tourist Trophy 2

BarbarianGoth

(Banned)
Canada
Canada
Baptized_Soviet
Baptized Soviet
Anyone else really wishing this game would happen? Big fan of the original. Didn't actually start playing it till last year, and the graphics haven't aged very well, but the physics and gameplay is still absolutely great. Beat all the races and events and got all the bikes minus gold and silver licenses, and had a blast doing it.
Games like Ride 2 and the MotoGP series are good and all, but would really like to see Polyphony take a stab at Tourist Trophy 2. The original didn't sell crazy numbers like the Gran Turismo series, and felt more like an expansion pack for Gran Turismo 4 rather than its own full game, but was still a great game despite some of its shortcomings. And plenty of bikes and tracks to race on.

Like in GT4, the 1080i saves the game from being an eyesore in 2017.

Last edited:
It isn't happening. I would like it to, but PD seem to be having problems with GTS at the moment.

Because as good of an idea Ride 2 is, it's continued the fine tradition of Milestone games being good ideas on paper, but more often then not falling way off the mark in terms of execution.

Besides, chances are Sony aren't going to give PD the amount of time needed to even GET a Tourist Trophy 2 in place. I imagine that even just building a new physics system for bikes is going to take at least two years in Polyphony time, and considering Sony sees GTS as a GAAS (whether or not that's going to actually work out is up for debate, though I'm leaning towards no) why would you bother giving them time to work on what essentially amounts as a passion project that will probably sell a hundred thousands copies max in a niche market?

Last edited:
Back