Tourist Trophy Controller?

• Thread starter nklnch
  • 10 comments
What type of controller will it use?

Standard PS2? Steering wheel? New Motorcycle controller?

I skimmed the "hands-on" preview. I wonder why they didn't touch on this? To me, that's one of the biggest issues. It's not in the FAQ either.

I suppose it will be the DS2, I don't think TT will have enough market to support a specially made controller.

nklnch
What type of controller will it use?

Standard PS2? Steering wheel? New Motorcycle controller?

I skimmed the "hands-on" preview. I wonder why they didn't touch on this? To me, that's one of the biggest issues. It's not in the FAQ either.

Welcome to the TT forum nklnch. At this point it seems that there won’t be an official handle bar controller for Tourist Trophy. There are third party options; though we can only guess at how effective these devices might be with TT.

3188_med.gif

See further discussion on this page.
Edit: from post 134
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70608&page=7

I think a Tourist Trophy controller would be a waste of money.

To get a motorcycle simulator controller for TT that is as good as the DFP is for GT4 would cost more than a good motorcycle.

A motorcycle requires more than just the skill of operating the throttle, brake, and clutch to go fast around a track. It requires strength and knowledge of how to make a bike go fast.

So much money would be involved in making a "good" bike simulator that nobody would buy it and even fewer would dare make it. So we are left with some silly handlebars to control our virtual-selves.

You don't turn a bike at speed by turning the handlebars. :) 💡 :dunce:

Brock5000
Bring back the NeGcon! :D

or rather, update it for ps2 - it's perfect for leaning into corners.

Surely Namco would have reissued the NeGcon for use with the plethora (heh amigos) of Moto GP titles if it was genuinely useful for two wheeled racing.;) As a Logitech wheel user since GT3, I’m thinking that it might take me a while to adjust to any controller.:ill:

I think an ideal controller would be something like the one mentioned above, however, since we are talking about motorcycles and the need to be able to 'lean' into a turn from a riders perspective, also make the controller tiltable from left-to-right as opposed to what just looks like a solidly mounted "T" bar with just a throttle/brake added. This way here, you not only control both gas/brake but also the angle in which the bike enters/exits turns! 👍

This should add the needed 'realism' of actually riding a motorcycle to games such as TT and MotoGP!

it would be cool to see these at the video arcade with the fake bike.

the only think thats bad about those fake bikes is that you need to have your feet on the ground otherwise you will fall over due to the lack of force pushing you back up.

anyway it could be the new daytona usa but bikes instead

Latest Posts

Back