Tow Mater 66 Liveries and Tunes, *Syclone Paint and C500 V8 Tune* [Updated 2-17]

• Thread starter YakieS1
  • 18 comments
United States
Jacksonville, FL
Tow Mater 66
Hey everyone:

I've started this thread to help me catalog my shared Liveries and Tunes, to promote them, and to collect your feedback to help me learn and improve!

All listed below are shared under the Gamertag: Tow Mater 66

Liveries:
Subaru BRZ - My first offering as a painter is this Martini Livery. Since we don't have Porsche in this game, I had to find another car on which to display this famous racing brand. The layout of the livery is inspired by the curves of the hood, roof, and quarter panels. It intended to be a simple but classic looking design.

C-500 Tunes are available for both the BRZ and GT86 shown below.
  • Handling Qualities: A really fun car to drive that IMHO brings out the best of the F5 driving experience. It has the "just right" amount of power-on oversteer, and is very predictable when you either correct or carry a slight drift all the way around a corner. Plenty of power to finish a pass on the straight, too.
  • Results: A tremendous amount of success in the Modern Sport Compact Lobby and C-class lobby, with many victories even after a pile-up in Turn 1. It can hang with the big boys. Enjoy!
11386945515_ab126e6f7a_o.jpg

Toyota GT86 "R"- Transferred the Martini Livery to the GT-86, and added some other racing highlights. Enjoy!

Recommend that you use with the above tune for the best results with the front bumper paint.

11387072033_bc9c93c0ca_o.jpg

Tunes:
VW Scirocco - C500 - "Secret (Scirocco) Sauce"
  • Design: Designed for a balance of handling and speed, this is a lobby-style tune and is drivable and quick at any track. Naturally aspirated with high-revving cam and broad power band.
  • Handling Qualities: Also balanced, with the power-on understeer characteristic of an FF car offset by slight oversteer tendencies under braking. Transfers weight smoothly, with a little oversteer if you push it side-to-side.
  • Application: This car gives you lots of apex options, and you can get on the power early to set the rear end and claw your way out of the turn.
  • Results: I had a lot of success early (won about 50% of the time) in the beginner lobbies, but have had to settle for second place lately in the C-class lobbies. It is quick, but falls to a well-driven RWD car online.

Try it out and let me know what you think! (even if you think it's rubbish :) )

Last edited:
looks good.....you take requests??

Um, maybe? I'm pretty new at this, so I don't have a lot of logos or layouts saved up... If you'd like me to put something similar to the above on another body, I can certainly do that! Or if you give me another good idea I might be able to make it happen, but probably not quickly!

It appears my Drivetar has become self-aware and has started creating liveries on its own. Do you think I should be worried? Let me know if you see this monster out on the track, as I cannot control it anymore, and am concerned it may do some harm.

2012 Dodge challenger SRT8 392 - "Self Aware"
A matte black and red livery inspired by the "Terminator" movies and TV series. This paint job was a unique challenge. Since you cannot use "special colors" like matte for vinyls, I had to make each little line on that logo separately, so the matte color would show through each gap. Still learning!

11453485475_330270906a_o.jpg

11453655993_4cd086b42f_o.jpg

11453659133_563bf53828_o.jpg

Hey everyone! I have updated the OP with new C-class tunes available for the Subaru BRZ and Toyota GT-86. They are a blast to drive, IMHO, with just the right amount of oversteer to have fun while still being fast. Enjoy!

A week or two ago I told MKVSupra that I would tune a Supra for him, and it's finally ready for prime time!

I was having a really hard time getting the performance I wanted out of the stock Supra motor. It was rated for 320+ HP, and as much torque, but it didn't pull like I felt it should, and made me sacrifice grip to get enough power. Ultimately I think the torque curve on the stock engine droops off too much at high RPM to work as a race engine.

The solution? DROP A V-8 IN IT! Of course :) It had a lower HP number, but a flatter torque curve at the top end (Also I am suspicious that there is a PI penalty for turbos in FM5). That gave me some PI room to up the grip, and it pulls great times to 100.

'98 Toyota Supra [B600] Tune now available!

As with my other tunes, it has some power-on oversteer, but is predictable. Recommend you use a manual transmission, as the best shifts are way above the red line.

I have had a lot of success with this tune in the Iconic Sportscar lobby, winning 15+ races at a range from Laguna to the Indy Oval. I have only once found a driver who could hang with me in another Supra. Rivals times are from 600-1200, but I'm not a really fast driver to begin with.

Try it out!! Comments are welcome.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the V8 Supra, drove real easy with good grip. Will give BRZ a try soon enough.

If you get bored and up for a chalenge, my 900hp turbo Ferrari F12 drives like an angry hulk.

Inspired by the @BoneSawTX VW Rat Beetle livery (that I'm sure you all have!) I have dropped a D-class VW Beetle tune. Like all my tunes, good balance with a bit of power on oversteer. It's got a great launch, and enough speed and grip to hang with all those LB Minis you see in the D-class lobbies.

Should get you through the Classic Super Mini Series and D-class Championship series, if not already completed. Enjoy!

Last edited:
It appears my Drivetar has become self-aware and has started creating liveries on its own. Do you think I should be worried? Let me know if you see this monster out on the track, as I cannot control it anymore, and am concerned it may do some harm.

2012 Dodge challenger SRT8 392 - "Self Aware"
A matte black and red livery inspired by the "Terminator" movies and TV series. This paint job was a unique challenge. Since you cannot use "special colors" like matte for vinyls, I had to make each little line on that logo separately, so the matte color would show through each gap. Still learning!

You got some talent!

You got some talent!
Thanks 👍 glad you like it!

I am working on the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona Logo right now, and plan to drop a livery for the Audi safety car sometime soon!

NEW Tune!

Subaru 22B B600
Another V8 swap in this car, and boy does it pop! I am further convinced that those 80's and 90's turbos are too down on torque at high RPM to compete. This car has just a tiny bit of oversteer at full throttle and full lock. It's a joy to get flat out right before the apex, as the little bit of oversteer can bring you down to a late apex and a rocket down the straight.

I haven't run it online much, since I just hit Subaru L25 affinity, so I've moved on to other manufacturers. It is as fast or faster than my V8 Supra tune, though, based on some rivals runs.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

Here it is: The 2014 Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona pace car.

Inspired by: The actual pace car

Car: Audi R8 Coupe V10 plus 5.2 FSI quattro
Filename: Daytona 24 pace

I am a big motorsports fan, but only had time to do this logo instead of the full Tudor logo set to do a full racecar livery from the event. Please enjoy!
12214562886_5eb3072872_o.jpg

12214165453_4f3def710c_o.jpg

Maybe a little less aperture next time :)

Here it is: The 2014 Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona pace car.

Inspired by: The actual pace car

Car: Audi R8 Coupe V10 plus 5.2 FSI quattro
Filename: Daytona 24 pace

I am a big motorsports fan, but only had time to do this logo instead of the full Tudor logo set to do a full racecar livery from the event. Please enjoy!
12214562886_5eb3072872_o.jpg

12214165453_4f3def710c_o.jpg

Maybe a little less aperture next time :)
Nice will get this tonight. Good job.

Inspired by the @BoneSawTX VW Rat Beetle livery (that I'm sure you all have!) I have dropped a D-class VW Beetle tune. Like all my tunes, good balance with a bit of power on oversteer. It's got a great launch, and enough speed and grip to hang with all those LB Minis you see in the D-class lobbies.

Should get you through the Classic Super Mini Series and D-class Championship series, if not already completed. Enjoy!
Any others you working on??

Any others you working on??
Sorry I don't have anything new for you this weekend! *funny story* I hyperextended my right thumb playing volleyball about 10 days ago, and couldn't hold the controller for about a week! Worst. Week. Ever!

If you have a request, I should have time to work on it this week. What are you looking for? I've been working on my Chevy, Ford, and Ferrari affinity lately...

Edit: I have put together a C500 V8 GMC Syclone that I will share later this week. It's a monster!

Last edited:
Sorry to read that you have been sidelined. Wondered why I hadn't seen your Drivatar fly past me as much.

How about the 2014 Chevrolet SS Daytona Pace Car, would have to use the Holden GTS, different Models I know but would be interesting. But interested in anything you have to offer really.

Last edited:
Sorry to read that you have been sidelined.
All better now! Just in time for the Titanfall beta, too! 👍
How about the 2014 Chevrolet SS Daytona Pace Car, would have to use the Holden GTS, different Models I know but would be interesting.
I will get working on this one! Will have to check out the GTS and see if there are major body differences... But now for the update!!

** New V8 Syclone C500 Speed tune, and a simple KTM paint job to go with it**
The tune: This is an "AI style" tune!! It's got way too much horsepower, and rather less grip than most lobby racers. The launch is absolutely eye-watering. If you start in 6th or higher in a C-class lobby race, you'll be in first by turn 1. It handles way better than the 4.2 rating indicates, with some understeer on entry and a touch of oversteer on exit, so don't overcook it going into the corner, but start getting on the gas just before the apex.

The car is great on real racetracks like Road Atlanta, Laguna, and Yas Marina. I have personal best times at all of these tracks with this car. Not so great on the T10 tracks: Prague and the Alps, since those courses are composed mostly of high-speed sweepers, and this car is made for taking slow corners and exploding onto the straight. This tune got me through the truck series on unbeatable without difficulty.

The paint is for fans of the KTM company, which sells motocross dirtbike accessories. Some folks in the USA plaster the KTM logo all over the trucks that they tow their KTM dirtbikes to the desert with, so this paint is a hat tip to them. Enjoy!
12576871663_74eec51ca0.jpg

All better now! Just in time for the Titanfall beta, too! 👍

I will get working on this one! Will have to check out the GTS and see if there are major body differences... But now for the update!!

** New V8 Syclone C500 Speed tune, and a simple KTM paint job to go with it**
The tune: This is an "AI style" tune!! It's got way too much horsepower, and rather less grip than most lobby racers. The launch is absolutely eye-watering. If you start in 6th or higher in a C-class lobby race, you'll be in first by turn 1. It handles way better than the 4.2 rating indicates, with some understeer on entry and a touch of oversteer on exit, so don't overcook it going into the corner, but start getting on the gas just before the apex.

The car is great on real racetracks like Road Atlanta, Laguna, and Yas Marina. I have personal best times at all of these tracks with this car. Not so great on the T10 tracks: Prague and the Alps, since those courses are composed mostly of high-speed sweepers, and this car is made for taking slow corners and exploding onto the straight. This tune got me through the truck series on unbeatable without difficulty.

The paint is for fans of the KTM company, which sells motocross dirtbike accessories. Some folks in the USA plaster the KTM logo all over the trucks that they tow their KTM dirtbikes to the desert with, so this paint is a hat tip to them. Enjoy!
12576871663_74eec51ca0.jpg
Put the livery on my GMC, will put tune on tonight. Good job!

Back