Toxic online community

• Thread starter ApexGun
  • 2 comments
Australia
Australia
I hadn't done a nations cup race in years but decided to give the Truck one at Daytona last night a go. I'm a S safety and B driver in GT and the whole lobby was the same everyone was S safety and everyone was B driver rating.

So here is how it played out after qualified in 4th
First corner people ramming each other off track on purpose, I managed to dodge most of it and come out in 5th, next few corners was able to pass cleanly to get back position on the first banked straight, the guy I was overtaking was ramming me the whole time as I passed on the inside because I had a much cleaner exit from the last corner and slipstream down the home straight
On turn 1 I could see he was going to try and ram me so I took a really shallow line on the inside and he actually went invisible and passed through me but was able to rejoin just behind me because my line was so slow.
Then on turn 2 he just straight up rammed me of track under braking.

This is pretty much my experience with every GTS and now GT7 online race, it's basically Need for speed.

This is why i stopped playing GTS years ago and played stuff like ACC, project cars and iRacing, they have really consequences if you drive like a idiot and don't have a good safety rating.

How are these people on S class safety rating? It's the worst system in all of "Sim" racing (Sim in brackets for GT7)

Last edited:
Not good mate. A few of us are setting up a league. We’re just starting out with some casual races to get a feel for it going forward. Happy to add you to our psn group and discord if you like?

Not good mate. A few of us are setting up a league. We’re just starting out with some casual races to get a feel for it going forward. Happy to add you to our psn group and discord if you like?
Thanks for this offer, but I think I'm done with GT7 now there is no reason to try and make it work when ACC and iRacing already do work. It's just a shame as there is so much variety with GT7 in their cars, it would be fun to have serious races, instead we get this.. whatever the f this is...

Back