Toyota 86 Race Car Base Model '12 - Anyone?

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 9 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Anyone have a tune for this yet? It has fully customizable suspension stock, but for some reason you cannot adjust the camber and toe. :odd: In any case, I think the spring rates are too high, and you can't go as low as I'd like them. The car is a bit stiff as-is, so I wanted to see if anyone has worked on it yet. Preferably a Sport Soft tune.

👍

Track, I mostly use it for time attack, has about 400hp. Well a tune that works for most tracks would be nice, not really keen on having a tune for each track.

I too would like a setup for this car. I currently have all power mods and a mid-range turbo as well as max weight reduction (536pp - 380bhp). I haven't touched the LSD or the suspension because i don't know exactly what i'm doing with them right now. The cars an absolute riot but i'd like the corner-exiting oversteer to be tamed a bit. This may be acheivable through transmission changes (?).

I use a DS3 with max steering sensitivity, T/C on 1, if not off, and ABS on 1 too. No other driver aids.

It has stepped out on me in 2nd gear under power, but anywhere else it's pure understeer.

This is why I hate not being able to tune, nobody tunes the car so it just sits in your garage collecting dust when you would rather drive it. :(

i too am having difficulty completely reducing understeer in this car. changes to suspension elements just do not have much effect on the car's handling. it can easily be eliminated with throttle control through the corner, but it seems the car should be able to handle more speed than it does. you really have to bring the speed down and nail the apex or it becomes unpredictable.
maybe i should post progress just to see if it helps. it cut my lap times at leguna seca significantly, but not sure when i will have time to work out bugs.

Back