Toyota Alessandro Volta 2004

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tsukishima
  • 8 comments
  • 2,773 views
Messages
1,112
Uruguay
Rivera
Messages
Tsukishima-TDUDT
512QunV.png
Toyota / Italdesign Alessandro Volta '04
IU7wOMI.png
​

file.php


Italdesign-Giugiaro and Toyota have collaborated to produce a stunning concept for the 2004 Geneva Motor Show. It featured the Lexus RX400h's hybrid powertrain, combined with a carbon fibre chassis and sports car body engineered and produced by the famous Italian style and development company.

With a top speed of 250 km/h, 0-100 km/h acceleration in a scorching 4.03 seconds, and a range of some 700 km, the Toyota Alessandro Volta concept car proves it is possible to offer high performance in a car whose green credentials are unimpeachable. The car is named after Alessandro Volta, the Italian scientist who discovered the battery.

The hybrid powetrain is mounted in a midship position, as the front wheels are powered by the second electric motor, generating 4-wheel traction without the need for a transmission shaft. Consequently, the vehicle's flat floor permitted Italdesign to house three passengers in a 4.3-metre long coupe which is slightly narrower than 2 meters.

The Toyota Alessandro Volta is a styling exercise aimed at exploring new applications of the Hybrid synergy Drive technology. Toyota is proud to have collaborated with the prestigious Italdesign-Giugiaro on a concept that further demonstates the potential and flexibility of the Hybrid Synergy Drive technology.

________________________________________________________________________
file.php

file.php

file.php
 
The perfect and ideal choice to compete against the Honda Dualnote. I hope it has a 6-speed transmission. BTW, what's the car at the far left of the first picture?
 
Since the powertrain is from a Lexus RX400h, which had a CVT, it most likely would've had that.
 
The perfect and ideal choice to compete against the Honda Dualnote. I hope it has a 6-speed transmission. BTW, what's the car at the far left of the first picture?
Some kind of Bertone...
 
Damnit, just when I thought I had found a rare car that wasn't suggested before, it is.
 
just when I thought I had found a rare car
Really? I don't think this is a rare or obscure car.

The first time I saw it was because of my younger brother, who is not really a car expert.
 
Back