Toyota Altezza Tourney

  • Thread starter Thread starter betterspud
  • 27 comments
  • 1,468 views
Messages
1
Someone must help me...

I have only one manufacterer cup to win. (Toyota Altezza cup)

In the specs it lists the only enterable cars as:
Toyota Altezza - Can only be got by winning this tourney
Lexus IS 200/300/Sports Cross - Listed in FAQs on this site as available new from dealer, yet I cannot find them anywhere. Nor are they available used. I have been cycling the used market for ages and have checked thru countless lists of used cars.
So either I am missing something, or it's possible to enter the race with a different model...

Please help

Thanks
 
Lexus is an American dealer.
 
If you're using an NTSC version (or PAL, I think), just go to america -> lexus and select one of them, I would suggest the 207 HP !S 200

(the Lexuses aren't available in Japan, in the game, btw)

Darn, you beat me to it.

Settings to blow away you competitors-

Oil change
First wing
BBS 019 (optional)

Racing exhaust
Chip
Racing Mediums (front/ back)
Level 50 nitrous
Stage 3 Turbo
[No intercooler available]
Racing Brakes (no controller, but you can mess around wiht it if you want)
Racing suspension
Full custom Transmission
Tripple plate clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
1.5 way LSD

ASM [oversteer] 10
ASM [understeer] 10
TCS 7

Wing F- 10 R- 10

[in front / rear format]
Spring Rate 5.0 / 6.9
Ride height 89 / 89
Shock bound 10 / 10
Rebound 10 / 10
Camber 2.0 / 1.0
Toe 0 / 0
Stabilizers 7 / 7
Transmittion [auto level] 10 4.100 final

You should blow them away on every race with that, let me know if I forgot anything.
 
Are you sure that you checked Lexus (under USA) for the IS's? They're in my game:

Lexus IS200: 20,700
Lexus IS300: 24,000
Lexus IS300 Sportcross: 27,600
 
Holy crap, why in the world would you need to do all that to your car to win a manufacturer's race!? Plus, the shock and stabilizer settings seem a wee bit too stiff to me ;)
 
JTSnooks
Holy crap, why in the world would you need to do all that to your car to win a manufacturer's race!? Plus, the shock and stabilizer settings seem a wee bit too stiff to me ;)

to get them over and done with as fast as possible? :)
 
I belive there are 2 Lexus dealer 1 in Japan 1 in America check them both out and you should find what your looking for 👍

any 1 know why there are 2 dealers? :nervous:
 
chinko
to get them over and done with as fast as possible? :)
But do you really need to be told "buy everything" to beat the crap out of the computer? I should hope people could figure that out for themselves....
 
dude, i think i defeated the opposition stock...that' sad man full upgrade just to blow the away and get 1 A-spec point..have some honour. why would u want to be done with it ASAP anyway, i would enjoy the cars, those are great cars.
 
FozzyFozborne
You should blow them away on every race with that, let me know if I forgot anything.
Style, self-respect, fair competition (any competition), fun, ...
 
Hasn't this been posted like a million times already?

I think for the manufacturers races some people just wan to get it over with, they can bey a little more tedius than the enduros but that's just me...

For me A-Spec points don't really matter much (boy oh boy let the fires burn) It's more about just driving any old car i have and having fun (and doing an occasional review with niky). I mean who are we to decide if he's to be an A-spec fanatic or just a weekend driver... Unless there's something unlockable with A-Spec Points.. they don't matter as much to me right now.
 
Hehe, I have no problem with blowing through the races with a fully modded car...I just didn't get why someone would need to be told "buy everything". Shouldn't they be able to figure it out for themselves? And listing out all the parts? Makes no sense to me.
 
s12ken
Hasn't this been posted like a million times already?

I think for the manufacturers races some people just wan to get it over with, they can bey a little more tedius than the enduros but that's just me...

For me A-Spec points don't really matter much (boy oh boy let the fires burn) It's more about just driving any old car i have and having fun (and doing an occasional review with niky). I mean who are we to decide if he's to be an A-spec fanatic or just a weekend driver... Unless there's something unlockable with A-Spec Points.. they don't matter as much to me right now.
You are talking about opposite ends of the spectrum here - a-spec fanatics specifically modify cars to increase a-spec points: old oil, normal tyres and nitrous. Then there are those that just want to get races out of the road - a strange concept that I don't really understand, but each to their own. I just don't understand the motivation - presumably 100% completion with a little effort as possible?

I am definitely an a-spec fanatic and the thing that I really regret about that is that I do not get to drive many of the cars stock - I am not able to appreciate the differences between the cars that have been so painstakingly programmed (due mostly to the leveling effects of suspension modifications). If I had my time over again I would say bugger the a-spec points and go for completely stock wins and only add mods where it was completely necessary - although this would probably make the game too easy, so perhaps not.
 
I usually just take a stock car and throw some nitrous in it in case of emergencies. If necessary I'll get a racing tranny and suspension, but I usually don't need them, and the nitrous is only used on those races with one ridiculously fast car in 1st place with lots of straightaways. For instance, the Civic races.
 
I agree with you there moloch, all i'm really trying to say is if he wants to do it his way let him, if someone says buy all the friggin mods then let him. i don't buy everything until if actually driven the car stock first... that way i can modify it to my own liking. ( i have very few cars that are fully modified.) :D
 
the lexus IS is such a pleasure to drive and the race is fun. get a race flywheel, semirace pipes and sport suspension. = fun :) you could even do without the exhaust.
 
The IS is fun to drive stock. Back in GT3, I won the first Altezza cup stock, then did only flywheel and suspension for the second (where all the comp was on power mods), kept getting blown away on straights but beat them in the corners ( :lol: ).

For the GT4 IS cup, the 207 hp IS200 is best. More numble than the IS300 and more power than the IS200 160. If you're an A-Spec fanatic, you can try the lower IS200, but you'll just get blown away.
 
I dont remember Lexus being in the Japanese car yards. Only America.
I spent ages looking for a used IS200 as well.

Way of topic but I feel like a rant in regard to above post.

High A spec races = frustration.
Fun = Highly modded cars whipping AI butts.
Frustation = getting 200 A spec points at track A and then with same car trying to get 200 A spec points at track B, C, D & E.
Frustration 1. Field changes for lower A spec points and you will win by 10 seconds for 100 points.
Frustration 2. Field changes still giving 200 points but no way you can keep up.
Try again and find out you can use sport medium and +50 kg for 200 points
as against previous sport hard and 200 kg.
Frustration 3. Only getting 180 no matter what you do.

Frustation 4. Getting nothing in the game for A spec points either high low or average.

Frustation 5. Working out that I have just wasted 3 weeks getting 200 A spec points for all Sunday cup, FWD, RWD,4WD and MR races and hardly any credits.

Maybe the guy that fully modded his IS200 just did the Speedster cup and thought he needed to fully mod all his drives in the manufacturer races.
Or he is only a beginner and needed to do that to win. You remember in GT1 having to fully mod cars to win races dont you.

May be A spec points need to have a winning margin built into them for the guys that like to drive better cars.
If you win by 30 seconds you get an extra 90 points, win by 20 seconds 60 points, win by 10 seconds 30 points and so on added to the base value.
Would that be better than having to drive weak cars to get max points.
Or why didn't they do something similar with the family cup races and let you select the level of points on offer via a sliding scale and have the field match your car.
Oh, I forgot that PD programmed the AI so bad that that is impossible.

Rules for maximising A spec points
1. Pick crapy low powered car.
2. Add sports flywheel and clutch, semi racing suspension, NOS.
3. Buy Sport hard or road tires.
4. Add 200 kg ballast.
5. Keep entering race until you find decent field.
6. Use NOS till you get into lead.
7. AI give up and you drive of into distance for a 200 point race.

If in Special conditions change note 3 to buy rally or snow tires when applicable.
Also change note 6 to read : Hit AI car really hard at first corner, get 5 second penalty but AI ends up stuck in sand, against wall, pointing wrong way, and cruise to win.

Is it just me or do the AI drive harder in 10 point or less races than they do in 200 point races?

Why do points stop at 200 points.
Refer frustration 2, If I had full 200 kg and sport hard tires why not offer me 250 A spec points?
 
Uncle Harry, I agree with everything you said except:
- fun ≠ highly modded cars whipping AI butts, this equals boredom (imho);
- if the guy had just done the speedster cup and thought everything needed modding fully then he should have realised his mistake when he left the opposition sitting on the start/finish line in the first race;
- it didn't take me three weeks to get my 200 for beginner hall, more like 3 days (if that), but then I am a bloody GT legend (and modest too :lol: );
- no cap on a-spec points!!! :crazy: :sick: now that would be frustrating :banghead: not searching for one of many lineups but THE lineup and it may never happen, omfg, at least I could just give up on the a-spec hunt.
 
Moloch_horridus
Uncle Harry, I agree with everything you said except:
- fun ≠ highly modded cars whipping AI butts, this equals boredom (imho);
- if the guy had just done the speedster cup and thought everything needed modding fully then he should have realised his mistake when he left the opposition sitting on the start/finish line in the first race;
- it didn't take me three weeks to get my 200 for beginner hall, more like 3 days (if that), but then I am a bloody GT legend (and modest too :lol: );
- no cap on a-spec points!!! :crazy: :sick: now that would be frustrating :banghead: not searching for one of many lineups but THE lineup and it may never happen, omfg, at least I could just give up on the a-spec hunt.

I will reply for the enterainment of todays reader, or I could ask Bob. (Sorry Bob is sleeping).
-Laying down perfect laps in decent cars is fun (imho). If I happen to smoke the AI then thats just bad luck.
-I would never have posted that info either.
-The Dodge Ram is cheating (Just joking) I also done a few others as well in that time.
- Imagine the fun you could have posting a 400 point race you win with a totally made up field :dunce: . Something in the Classic events could be fun :sly:
 
I used to blow through races with fully modded cars from GT1 to halfway through GT4, then it suddenly got boring and I decided to stop spending so much money (I got tired of buying all that crap for cars I'd only drive once. It just takes too long to click on all the parts!), just buy nitrous, and use actual driving skill to keep up with the AI. Makes it more interesting, and saves on time and money. Nothing wrong with blowing through them, but it's not worth my time to go through and buy all that crap. Why can't they just have a "Buy everything" button??? Come on, you've had 4 tries to put it in!
 
niky
For the GT4 IS cup, the 207 hp IS200 is best. More numble than the IS300 and more power than the IS200 160.
I agree about the 207hp IS200, but I used the IS300 Sport Cross anyway and won all the races stock with about 30-40 Aspec points each, so the models are pretty close. Some races I fought with an IS200 some with an IS300. It really depends which model has the pole as that is almost always the 2nd place car. Only had to rerun one race (Motegi) losing to an IS300, mainly because I touched the gravel a couple times. In any event, this is overall a pretty easy series to win in anything but the 160hp car.
 
JTSnooks
I used to blow through races with fully modded cars from GT1 to halfway through GT4, then it suddenly got boring and I decided to stop spending so much money (I got tired of buying all that crap for cars I'd only drive once. It just takes too long to click on all the parts!), just buy nitrous, and use actual driving skill to keep up with the AI. Makes it more interesting, and saves on time and money. Nothing wrong with blowing through them, but it's not worth my time to go through and buy all that crap. Why can't they just have a "Buy everything" button??? Come on, you've had 4 tries to put it in!

if ur entirely using ur skills, don't use nitrous. :dunce:
 
I dont think you can win the 206 Club with a stock 206. If anyone could, please tell me how
I full tuned a 206RC but it was just like a Subaru 360 against Sauber C9.
I ended up buying a 206 Rally car just for that sh**
 
nuts
I dont think you can win the 206 Club with a stock 206. If anyone could, please tell me how
I full tuned a 206RC but it was just like a Subaru 360 against Sauber C9.
I ended up buying a 206 Rally car just for that sh**

because in the 206 cup and Speedster cup, the AI have Tuned cars. its nigh on impossible to win in a tuned RC without some mad driving skills.
 
Back