Toyota Altezza (XE10) RS200 2003

Japan_zpskakndah6.png
Toyota Altezza (SXE10) RS200 2003

autowp.ru_toyota_altezza_rs200_z_edition_2_zpsqmmbbpdj.jpg

Explanation
There are plenty of “standard” quality cars in GT at the moment and, of course, we want them to shine in “premium” quality in the future. The thing is, not all of them are the best candidates to become “premium”. Let me explain: I’ve done my own little research to find out, whether the “standard” car presented in the game is the latest/most powerful/historically important/rarest/best overall car of the whole model lineup (according exclusively to my opinion). In some instances it is, in some – not.
Probably it’s not the best idea for PD to spend their precious time simply converting all the “standards” “as is”. So I suggest taking some other modifications of the cars in some cases instead. I am definitely NOT a person who wants PD to “get rid of all standards and duplicates”. I just wish they spend their resources on modeling a little bit more wisely. I also do NOT insist that all “red” cars should vanish from GT. They could be easily converted to "premium" alongside similar car models.
You can view and download the Excel table with all those “conversion suggestions” HERE (UPDATE 07.04.2015) or from my signature.

I suggest to model this car as "premium" instead of ALTEZZA AS200 '98 and ALTEZZA RS200 '98

autowp.ru_toyota_altezza_rs200_z_edition_3-ck_zpsengzgrgd.jpg

Overview
Produced as a direct competitor to the luxury sport sedans of the leading European luxury marques, the XE10 series Toyota Altezza (and Lexus IS) was designed with a greater performance emphasis than typically seen on prior Japanese luxury vehicles. The engineering work was led by Nobuaki Katayama, who was responsible for the AE86 project. At its introduction to Japan, it was exclusive to Japanese dealerships called Toyota Vista Store, until Lexus was introduced to Japan in 2006. The AS200 and AS300 Altezza (the word "altezza" is Italian for "highness") sedans formed the basis for the Lexus IS 200 and IS 300 models sold in markets outside Japan, primarily North America and Europe. A hatchback-station wagon version was sold in Japan as the "Altezza Gita", and in the US and Europe as the Lexus IS SportCross.
The design was awarded Japan's "Car of the Year" honor for 1998–1999.

wp-AltezzaYellowck_zpsjqtixgmo.jpg

RS200 (chassis code SXE10) - why this version?
The 2.0-liter 3S-GE inline-four (fine-tuned by Yamaha) powered RS200 (SXE10, sedan) featured a six-speed manual transmission, while a five-speed automatic was optional. This modification was not sold outside Japan by Lexus.
And while Lexus IS 300 (and Altezza AS300) was a little bit more powerful (220 hp) and got more torque (294 Nm) with it's 3.0 L inline-6 engine, RS200 had been significantly lighter - 1340 kg in comparison to IS 300's 1476 kg. It handled sharper and had better weight distribution, while having similar acceleration dynamics to IS 300.

wp-Altezza_Interior-ck_zpsmjamiwe7.jpg

Facelift - differences from "standard" ALTEZZA RS200 '98
In 2003, the Altezza and IS line received a facelift (designed by Hiroyuki Tada). On the exterior, was a new 11-spoke wheel design, new fog lights, and smoked surrounding trim for the headlights and taillights. On the interior, a new 2-position memory function was added for the driver seat, a maintenance indicator light, automatic drive-away door locking system, a new storage compartment on the dash (for models without the navigation system) and new trim highlights.

autowp.ru_toyota_altezza_rs200_l_edition_3-c_zps68wbzczw.jpg

This is the picture of a pre-facelift model. Not much of a difference, but still. Believe me, it is VERY difficult to find good images of facelifted, stock RS200.

Specifications:
Layout - FR; Engine - IL-4 DOHC; Aspiration - N/A; Displacement - 1998 cc; Max. power - 210 hp; Max. torque - 216 Nm; Transmission - 6 Speed Manual; Weight - 1360 kg (Z edition).
0-100km/h - 7.2 s; Max. speed - 225 km/h (140 mph).

Links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_IS
http://www.japanvehicles.com/newcars/toyota/Altezza/main.htm
http://www.toyotarelease.com/2014/10/toyota-altezza-rs200.html

It was a surprise for me that this car was not suggested yet. First generation Altezza's and IS's got quite a following in many countries, that's for sure. And while I think that Altezza RS200 '2003 is the best variant in the model's line-up, I would also like to see Toyota Altezza (JCE10) Gita AS300 '2003 and Lexus IS 300 (JCE10) '2003 in the game for the company.

Last edited:
You should become a car salesman, because with a post like that it's hard not to see why this would be the best version of the Altezza to make premium.

Back