Toyota Bias (?)

• Thread starter beegentoo
  • 17 comments
Germany
Bavaria, Germany
I recently went on to refine my driving- and simulation abilities and drove in cockpit view exclusively.

Driving many cars on many tracks I noticed that especially Toyotas have significantly better handling and performance than cars of other manufacturers.

For example for this week‘s race C I tried qualification laps over the last days in many different GT3 cars. My best attempt so far was an 8:33 in the Vantage. Today I decided to try the FT-1 (a car nobody has on his or her personal list for the Nürburgring): I noticed very forgiving behavour and already my very first lap put me 2s faster (Normally my first lap is slow), followed by another 2s in Lap 2. So now I‘m down to 8:29.

Then last week with Le Mans I tried a few LMP1 and Group C1 cars (only real models, no VGT) and noticed the same for the Toyota TS050. It was a bit (1.5s) slower compared to the R18 but handling in general was much easier and more forgiving.

Also I noticed that in Toyotas you somehow have a good overview out of the box when racing in cockpit view, i.e. I did not have to change the height/shift settings.

Is this just my subjective impression or can anyone confirm?

As far as competitive racing in the group classes go, Toyotas I find aren’t really the crème de la crème of any particular category, but they’re all-around decent at worst. Usually pretty forgiving handling but lacking in grunt and top speed.

The only bias I noticed towards Toyota is in the amount of cars they get added in content updates, but we’re getting the Sports 800 so I’d say keep the bias coming.

It is sort of suspicious that this mysterious ‘wheelies & understeer’ Physics Update has made the 2019 Supra handle considerably better, bordering a night and day difference. Also, happened to occur during the GR Supra Cup.

There was that recent time we had Fuji as a Daily Race like 3 weeks out of 4...

It’s not the end of the world though. Let’s not forget, Nissan had PD by the balls re: GT Academy. I mean a race in Leafs? Cmon now.

Data from the Manuf. cup doesn’t support Toyota being better than others in terms of pace, so I think it might be in your head.

It is sort of suspicious that this mysterious ‘wheelies & understeer’ Physics Update has made the 2019 Supra handle considerably better, bordering a night and day difference. Also, happened to occur during the GR Supra Cup.

Yeah, it might have been a really crappy update for the rest of the cast, but it is true that the Supra really needed that change for the GR Cup competition, it was really that bad before the update. An official eSports event shouldn't have a car that was that much of a lumpy sack of potatoes. Mess with one competition, help the other I suppose.

Compare the fuel consuption of the Gr1 Toyota vs the Porsche... It's ridiculous how much more economic the Toyota is. If you have a Gr1 race with Hybrids only, choose Toyota.

The Toyota ft1 has the fastest time in asia/oceania region last I checked of a 8:04 around Nurburgring.

But I agree with what MrWafflz has said, they are competitive cars, but rarely the best car to have. Never a slouch though, and the update has improved them compared to previous updates, although I believe the gr4 has taken a small step back and the gr3 supra has lost a bit of it's character.

The Gr1 toyota is the best on fuel but not the fastest in raw pace for any circuit.

I'm not concerned by any bias being made for any of the cars. You will often find a decent mix of cars across most tracks at the top of the order, but there are usually cars down the bottom which are consistently there that need some looking at.

Don't forget the samba bus around the top gear test track in GT5. Sometimes PD just make crazy decisions on their own.

That one actually made some sense though, because it went with the Top Gear sense of humour. :lol:

But yes, they have made some strange decisions over the years. Questioning PD logic is a bit like questioning Nintendo logic: "Why are there clouds underwater?" "Why do shrooms make Mario larger?" "Why are there bloopers out of water?" Don't do it. You'll go insane thinking about it. Believe me I've tried.

I get the OP... however from what I've seen the FT1 is the superior car when I drive and I think its the longer wheelbase.

I drove the FT1 after using the GR Supra GT3 and being disappointed and the FT1 just suit me better.

However out of the modern LMP-H cars I prefer the Audi R18... I tried the TS050 and it didnt seem to be as good as my Audi... granted I didnt like the Porsche 919 nor the Nismo GTR.

It would be easy to say there's bias to the Toyota. I wouldn't say it's the best out there (especially the Supra Gr3). It probably has more to do with the 'exclusity' that PD seems to have with it nowadays.

Compare the fuel consuption of the Gr1 Toyota vs the Porsche... It's ridiculous how much more economic the Toyota is. If you have a Gr1 race with Hybrids only, choose Toyota.
That is accurate though, the Porsche was quicker but the Toyota could do an extra lap each stint at Le Mans.

That is accurate though, the Porsche was quicker but the Toyota could do an extra lap each stint at Le Mans.

The Toyota is not slower in the game. Not around La Sarthe. And with 3x fuel consumption, it makes 3 laps more then the Porsche. At least that was the situation with the 1.39 build.

The Toyota is not slower in the game. Not around La Sarthe. And with 3x fuel consumption, it makes 3 laps more then the Porsche. At least that was the situation with the 1.39 build.
I've always been around 2s slower in the Toyota compared to the Porsche. I think the real problem with the lmp1h balance is the online multipliers rather than the actual car BoP.

Come to N class and see a nice little Porsche bias you have ever seen before.
I don’t think there’s any specific manufacturer bias in N Class in the lower classes at least.

From what I’ve driven the 72 A110 is really good in N100, the 4C dominates N200 and the XBOW is unbeatable in N300 or N400 (alongside the S-FR Racing).

I don’t think there’s any specific manufacturer bias in N Class in the lower classes at least.

From what I’ve driven the 72 A110 is really good in N100, the 4C dominates N200 and the XBOW is unbeatable in N300 or N400 (alongside the S-FR Racing).
Porsche bias starts from n300 and goes to n700.

Also Sfr racing concept is garbage. The only track that its decent is tsukuba but xbow still beats it there.

Lexus being part of Toyota, that RC F hair a big jolt from the last two Gr.4 Daily events. The Gr.3 RC F has always been a good ride to have at the NurbGP&24 and Catalunya.

I also find the RC F GT500 a better handling car and no slouch compared to the GT-R.

Back