Toyota Crown (S210) Athlete G 2014

• Thread starter Humungus
  • 4 comments
Germany
Deep inside
N1Spandel
This is the performance model of the 14th Gen Toyota Crown, which of course offers a maximum
in technology and performance. The Athlete has a more aggressive appearance than the comfort oriented Crown Royal and Majesta series, featuring a distinctive mesh radiator grille and custom bumpers. On the engine front, the Athlete is available with the 2.5L, 203hp 4GR-FSE V6, the 3.5L, 315hp 2GR-FSE V6 as well as a Hybrid Econobox model. Power is transmitted either to the rear or to all four wheels by a 6-speed Automatic transmission or a 2GR-only 8-speed Automatic. The 3.5 weighs 1825kg. Informations about performance were rather hard to find, but I'm estimating a 0-60 time of around 6 seconds for the 2GR-FSE based on the performance figures for a similarly engined previous Gen Athlete. Oh, and the Hybrid does 51mpg.

Why am I suggesting this? Because for all the space wasted for duplicate cars in GT we could have something unique, interesting, surprising and less well known like this and many other suggestions. PD is a japanese studio, so why don't they show us some of their car culture?

800px-Toyota_Crown_3.5_Athlete_S.jpg

800px-Toyota_Crown_3.5_Athlete_S_rear.jpg

042013toyotacrown.jpg

122013toyotacrown.jpg
362013toyotacrown.jpg

The THS II Hybrid in a Crown Royal
182013toyotacrown.jpg

There ARE hardly any Crowns in GT... And, this has to be the edgiest one there is, because of it's Lexus-like hourglass grille! *voted*

(EDITED: Changed the whole comment, because I'm trying not to start controversy...)

Last edited:
Back