Toyota Sprinter (E80) Trueno JGTC GT300 Toyota Team Kraft #86 1999

  • Thread starter Thread starter RandomCarGuy17
  • 12 comments
  • 17,912 views
Messages
18,342
United States
Florida
Messages
GranTurismo0517
Messages
RandomCarGuy17
Some of you may remember this thing from Gran Turismo 2. An AE86 built for the GT300 class of JGTC within one of the champioships of the late 90s. My knowledge of this car is not that great and I can't find anything about it on google.
realbptrueno.jpg




Here's some info I found from a French website about the car:
1999, the JGTC is at its peak, all manufacturers want to face the archipelago and two types differ, the GT-500 that composes the Japanese supercars Raybrig NSX Castrol Supra or Zexel Skyline R34 and the other GT-300 for smaller sports teams driving past the market, Tom's MR2, Daishin S15, Cusco Impreza or WedsSport Celica to mention only that, but among all these new cars, Kraft met this team at the wheel of a AE86. It was the crowd favorite since its first release, the myth perduring 86 in Japan, she had a successful unconventional, especially its performance largely took the shot to compete. The team Kraft knew he had to stick a dragster, more relevant than the 4A-GE is while the 503E (3SGTE) Original Supra GT-300 proved to be the best mill. She accused 340 hp per tonne, a power to weight ratio fair which was perfect to take the time to head two or three seasons. In 2001, Kraft decided to move on, to have a newer car by engaging the third generation MR2. Sad end for this Trueno because it will know the fate of many other JGTC cars, it will end as a spare part and not in a museum ... Video stable Kraft at the time!

The website I got the info:
http://www.drift.fr/2010/09/jdm-legend-kraft-gt300-ae86_03.html
 
Last edited:
Brings back all the memory's from GT2 when i was collecting all the old-school JGTC cars… i miss them so much.
 
I just thought I would share some videos of it in GT2 with you guys to see if anyone has any fond memories of this car from those days.






I basically figured that if I'm done suggesting cars, that maybe I should make my older suggestions better.
 
Last edited:
I didn't know an AE86 joined JGTC as a GT300 car.
 
I had to reply to this post, so I just signed up. Anywho, this is the grand daddy of all AE86's. Not much was ever released on this car, in fact after it's reign in the JGTC, the car disappeared, and was recently found, minus all the parts, just the shell of the car. Rumor has it, it's being built up again for nostalgic purposes.

Everything on the car was custom one off pieces, body wise. The motor was the 503e. The same engine used in the Castrol Supra, but restricted, which the 3SGE(MR2, Celica, Rs200 Altezza)was modeled after. It even had a run in F1. Those engines were Toyota factory motors, and were all on loan from the company. The transmission was a sequential shifted dog box, as typical of touring cars, rally cars, f1, etc. Suspension was all custom as well. Inboard all around, which means the engine was recessed through the firewall, and rear differential was spine mounted, again as typical of GT prototype cars. Of course ring and pinions, spring rates, and footwork were track specific, even boost pressure.

Second most infamous is arguably Keiichi Tsuchiya's personal car, Akira Iida's personal car, and Shuichi Shigeno's personal car (Initial D and GT games). These cars were just hopped up street cars in comparison.
 
Unfortunately in 2001, this car (using the same chassis as OP car) burned down to the ground at Sugo because its leaked oil ignited. KRAFT then created a new GT300 with MR-S.
 
Unfortunately in 2001, this car (using the same chassis as OP car) burned down to the ground at Sugo because its leaked oil ignited. KRAFT then created a new GT300 with MR-S.
I'm pretty sure PD could still make a model based on the real car though. I mean, if there's still any other GT300 Truenos around, they could just model the GT300 Trueno based on those and then just use pictures of the BP Kraft Trueno when adding on the livery.
 
I had to reply to this post, so I just signed up. Anywho, this is the grand daddy of all AE86's. Not much was ever released on this car, in fact after it's reign in the JGTC, the car disappeared, and was recently found, minus all the parts, just the shell of the car.



Skip to 5:29.
 
Hello, I apologize for bumping the thread, but I found interesting website where comprehensive informations regarding each JGTC season from 1993 to 2000 can be found. Almost everything you would like to know.

Can anyone tell if any of those Porsche models that competed during '93-'00 period had 4WD?
 
Hello, I apologize for bumping the thread, but I found interesting website where comprehensive informations regarding each JGTC season from 1993 to 2000 can be found. Almost everything you would like to know.

Can anyone tell if any of those Porsche models that competed during '93-'00 period had 4WD?
I believe they are RWD. It is still the GT3-RSR which is RWD.
 
Can anyone tell if any of those Porsche models that competed during '93-'00 period had 4WD?
All RWD.
 
Back