Toyota Supra (A80) HVR Super Taikyu Denso SARD 2007

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 11 comments

RACECAR

Keeper of the Undocumented Changes Threads.
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
ToyotaLogoRedVer.png

The forerunner to the hybrid racing program that includes the Prius GT300 and TS030, this was Toyota's first attempt at running a hybrid powertrain in a competitive racing environment and made history as the first Hybrid Race car to win a 24 Hour race. Using the tried and true Supra GT that previously raced in Super GT, it was modified with a
four-wheel energy regeneration and drive system. It included in-wheel motors in the front along with a 150 KW Electric Motor fitted to the rear axle. This would add another hybrid race car to the mix.

Engine: 3UZ-FE 4.4L Naturally Aspirated V8 with Front mounted 10 KW In-wheel Electric Motors and a Mid Mounted 150 KW electric Motor
Horsepower: 480 HP (750 Hp with both Electric Motors activated)
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Weight: 1080 Kg
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Last edited:
I really like that livery! I would prefer this one better to the one we already have in the latest model Supra, the YellowHat. 👍

This will be the fastest Super GT car to be in GT6 if it gets added one day. They'll have to make it exactly 750HP (as the car is powered by both a V8 and electric motors.) Same has to be done with the Toyota TS030, but I don't know how much HP it has...

This will be the fastest Super GT car to be in GT6 if it gets added one day. They'll have to make it exactly 750HP (as the car is powered by both a V8 and electric motors.) Same has to be done with the Toyota TS030, but I don't know how much HP it has...

Its 530 Horsepower just from the 3.4 Liter V8 but its 830 with the Electric Motor fully engaged.

I think that the reason is because it was too quick for Super GT...
No, it's because it's a 4wd hybrid thingy.

Anyway, I once had this as my avatar, because it's a car I love very dearly.

This is nice but it hasn't competed in Super GT?!

Using the tried and true Supra GT that previously raced in Super GT, it was modified with a four-wheel energy regeneration and drive system. It included in-wheel motors in the front along with a 150 KW Electric Motor fitted to the rear axle. This would add another hybrid race car to the mix.

It did compete in Super GT in 2005, just not with the Hybrid Technology that it had in 2007.

Back