TPC Renault Clio Cup - 26th August

Thanks for the racing tonight and to @Adam Barber for organising them.

Personally, I really don’t like the Reverse Grid. Feels like I’m constantly in the way and upsetting the flow of the folks trying to get to the “sharp end”. If we were all around the same standard then maybe, but we are most definitely not :)
That’s what makes reverse grid fun IMO. Keeps things interesting, especially at a track like Brands Hatch where it’s hard to pass.

Last edited:
Thanks for the racing tonight and to @Adam Barber for organising them.

Personally, I really don’t like the Reverse Grid. Feels like I’m constantly in the way and upsetting the flow of the folks trying to get to the “sharp end”. If we were all around the same standard then maybe, but we are most definitely not :)
I've always found reverse grid to be very worthwhile and seek to get this thru to slower drivers who feel intimidated.

Reverse grid is excellent practice because you aren't always going to be exactly where you should be pace wise in a q session, especially in a 5 minute session or daily races where people are up to who knows what.

I always try to make life difficult for cars behind me in a reverse grid. Counter-intuitively, it rewards the more patient driver, but as the slower car ahead, a stout defense is vital because the more you can make the fast cars trip over each other the more advantage you're handing yourself.

Take the grid slot and go, I say. If you defend hard within the rules against these cars faster than you, instead of rolling over as if anyone deserves to be ahead of you (no one deserves to be ahead of you!) Then you'll soon find you're much more aware, effective and wily when defending against cars that are more suited to your pace.

Defending the position, placing your car defensively and controlling races from the front are really hard skills to develop while still working on the overall pace to get near the front. Rev grids give a great opportunity to train those skills.

On another note; enjoyed last night very much. My apologies to anyone I bonked, lunged or doored in the first race, I was on my wheel and still very far from competent :P

I've always found reverse grid to be very worthwhile and seek to get this thru to slower drivers who feel intimidated.

Reverse grid is excellent practice because you aren't always going to be exactly where you should be pace wise in a q session, especially in a 5 minute session or daily races where people are up to who knows what.

I always try to make life difficult for cars behind me in a reverse grid. Counter-intuitively, it rewards the more patient driver, but as the slower car ahead, a stout defense is vital because the more you can make the fast cars trip over each other the more advantage you're handing yourself.

Take the grid slot and go, I say. If you defend hard within the rules against these cars faster than you, instead of rolling over as if anyone deserves to be ahead of you (no one deserves to be ahead of you!) Then you'll soon find you're much more aware, effective and wily when defending against cars that are more suited to your pace.

Defending the position, placing your car defensively and controlling races from the front are really hard skills to develop while still working on the overall pace to get near the front. Rev grids give a great opportunity to train those skills.

On another note; enjoyed last night very much. My apologies to anyone I bonked, lunged or doored in the first race, I was on my wheel and still very far from competent :P
I still am amazed that I was part.of you going off. I forgot to save my replay but will look at Chevy's

I wondered if you sandbagged a bit in race 1 to get a favourable position for race 2. Whether you did or not you made the most of it.

I understand the reluctance behind reverse grids but they can provide a chance you wouldn't normally get. In one of the few DRWF I have done I got a great podium. (Just missed on the win by a lap). That only came from the clean air the reverse grid gave me.

Lobby will open at 22:00 UK time.
Race start at approximately 22:25

Event will consist of two half hour sprint races
Mandatory drive through pit stop

A base style is linked in the livery requirements tab.
Car: Renault Clio R.S. 220 Trophy '16
Weight: 1030KG
Power: 221 BHP
Downforce levels to be fixed at 100/150
Suspension and differential tuning allowed
Body:
  • Weight reduction 3
  • Body rigidity
  • Ballast (43kg)
Important.
Ballast always shows in KG. So, car weights will be identical, despite lbs/kg differences between regions.

Chassis:
  • Fully customisable suspension
  • Racing brakes
  • Racing pads
  • Tyres - Racing hard
  • Brake Balance Controller

Drivetrain:
  • Fully customisable racing - To be left at 240km/h
  • Fully Customisable LSD.
  • Racing Clutch and Flywheel.
Engine:
  • Anti lag (weak)
  • Racing air cleaner
  • Racing silencer
  • Racing exhaust manifold
  • Racing intercooler
  • Power restrictor (88%)
Track: Brands Hatch GP
Laps: 18
Fuel: x1, 45% initial fuel
Tyre wear: x1 - Racing Hard tyres
Grid for race 1 will be set by a 5 minute qualifying session
Grid for race 2 will be set by the race results from race 1
There's a mandatory stop in both races, tyres and fuel are optional
Pit opens lap 4
Pit closes lap 14
  • Friends only.
  • Track - Brands Hatch GP
  • 18 laps.
  • In game ToD - Afternoon. Weather will be random
  • Grid Order: Fastest First.
  • Start: Grid, with false start check.
  • Boost: Off
  • Slipstream Strength: Real
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Tyres: Racing Hard
  • Tyre Wear: x1
  • Fuel Depletion: x1
  • Initial Fuel: 45%.
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Race Finish Delay: 100 Seconds
  • Tuning: Allowed - Suspension & Diff tuning allowed
  • Ghost: Off
  • Flag rules: Off.
  • Penalties: Weak
  • Side Contact Penalty: Off
  • Assists: Counter-steering Assistance, ASM, and Auto-Drive prohibited.
  • Michelin and Elf decals to be used as shown
  • Base design can be found HERE
  • Racing number must be clearly visible on both sides of the car.
  • Livery must not break GTP/Sony TOS.
Front: A
Wing: A
Bonnet: B
Tow: B
Wheels: OZ Ultralegerra, 17, Wide, Wide
Plate: B (rear only)

Join in,
Race hard but fair,
and most importantly HAVE FUN!!!

If interested please sign up with the following:
As reigning series champion @GOTMAXPOWER can use car number #1