TPRA Presents: GT3 USA Tour | Willow Springs [Sunday, August 16] *Live Streaming*Finished 

• Thread starter calvins48
  • 11 comments

calvins48

I'm not 48
Premium
United Kingdom
England
calvins48
| OFFICIAL RACE THREAD |

20491363201_c30afcd47a_c.jpg

DATE: Sunday, August 16, 2015
TIME: 5pm Eastern

[video=youtube;e1RhHzdopQA]

RACE SCHEDULE*:
Race 1: Road America (June 28)
Race 2: Sonoma Raceway GP (July 12)
Race 3: Watkins Glen International GP (August 2)
Race 4: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (August 9)

Race 5: Willow Springs International Raceway (August 16)
*Dates subject to change.

TUNER'S PIT RACING ASSOCIATION
The TPRA (Tuner's Pit Racing Association) is a prestigious online racing league that was established way back in April 2008. We were arguably the first organised racing league to promote and hold online racing on Gran Turismo 5: Prologue on the PS3 with just a handful of members.
Today, we have over 650 registered members from around the world and provide racing on Gran Turismo 6 on the PS3 and of course Project CARS on the PS4. We are proud to be able to post one of our Project CARS series here!
Please visit us at www.tunerspit.com and follow us on Twitter @tunerspit for more information, to join our league (for free) and to get racing!

We hope to see some of you on the track this Sunday at this event! Get Online And Race!

PARTICIPATION
If you want to participate in this event, please just mention your PSN ID in this thread. I will then send you a Friend Request. Alternatively, send calvins48 a Friend Request and we'll go from there.

FORMAT
-- Practice 1 will last 15 minutes.
-- Qualifying will last 15 minutes.
-- The race will be held over 22 laps. It should last around 30 minutes.

REGULATIONS
-- The race will begin under a Rolling Start.
-- Full flags and penalties.
-- Tyre wear will be set to off.
-- A pit stop will not be required for tyres.
-- Fuel usage will be on and set to Real.
-- A pit stop will not be required for fuel.

FUEL
The game will display on-screen how many laps you can complete corresponding to the current fuel load you have chosen. Also, players are no longer disqualified for running out of fuel after finishing the race; thus you won't have to factor that into your fuel strategy.

EVENT ENTRY PROCEDURE
-- The PS4 Party Chat will no longer be used.
-- Just before the event start time, drivers will be invited to the in-game Lobby.
-- If players wish to use voice communications, they will be able to use the in-game chat.
-- Once all players are in the Lobby and have signaled they're ready to start, the host will start the event and Practice 1 will commence.

LOCATION: Willow Springs International Raceway, California, USA
RACE LENGTH: 24 laps
VEHICLE(S)/CLASS: GT3 (cars listed below) [Bentley Continental GT3 BANNED FOR THIS RACE]
TYRE COMPOUNDS: GT3 Hard Slick, GT3 Medium Slick, GT3 Soft Slick

19830031528_67d8c74aae_o.png

WEATHER FORECAST: Clear

LIVE BROADCASTING
Twitch: TBD
Ustream: calvins48
YouTube: TBD

VOICE COMMUNICATIONS: In-game chat

STRUCTURE & SESSIONS
Privacy: Private
Number of Laps: XX
Maximum Grid Size: 16
Max Number of Human Opponents: 15
Fill With AI Opponents: No
Opponent Skill: N/A
Opponents All Identical Car: N/A
Car Class: GT3

Rolling Start: Yes
Practice 1: 15 Minutes
Practice 2: No
Qualifying: 15 Minutes
Warmup: No

CONDITIONS
Weather Slots: 1
Slot 1: Clear
Slot 2: N/A
Slot 3: N/A
Slot 4: N/A
Weather Progression: N/A

Date Type: Custom
Day: 16
Month: August
Year: 2015
Starting Time: 14:00
Time Progression: 2x

RESTRICTIONS
Force Interior View: No
Force Manual Gears: No
Force Realistic Driving Aids: No

Allow ABS: Yes
Allow Stability Control: Yes
Allow Traction Control: Yes

Damage: Visual Only
Mechanical Failures: No
Tyre Wear: Off
Fuel Usage: Real
Auto Engine Start: Yes

Flags And Penalties: On

Last edited:
Updated Fuel Regulations as the way fuel strategy works has been majorly updated in Update 3.0:

FUEL
The game will display on-screen how many laps you can complete corresponding to the current fuel load you have chosen. Also, players are no longer disqualified for running out of fuel after finishing the race; thus you won't have to factor that into your fuel strategy.

Race is today at 5pm Eastern! Please make sure your game is updated to the latest version (3.0). See you on the track!

What a glitched end to the series. First of all, two of the field got sent back to the PS4 home screen during the last 10 laps of the race, effectively ending their running. Second, calvins48 and Puckhead both experience a glitch that caused their cars to prop up randomly onto two wheels.

This ultimately cost calvins48 the victory. Leading by around 5 seconds on lap 20, his car flew up onto two wheels then steered itself into the dirt. This allowed racingkid9 to catch up and pass him. Even though calvins48 had the pace to retake the lead, there were no safe places to pass (a feature of the Willow Springs track) and racingkid9 took the victory in his TPRA debut. Slightly tainted nonetheless, but well-earned all the same. He was in the right place at the right time then defended well and it earned him the win. For the neutral, the end of the race would've been very thrilling to watch!!

QUALIFYING
Qualifying was very close with 2 tenths of a second covering the top 3 drivers. Pole position was constantly being traded back and forth throughout the session.

20651166932_3478a684f4_c.jpg

RACE
1st: racingkid9
2nd: calvins48
3rd: nba336

Unfortunately and regretfully, I didn't manage to save the replay of the race. This wasn't because I forgot, it was because I was putting some important information in the Party Chat and missed saving it and also missed taking a screenshot of the results. So the titanic battle at the end can't be seen, only expressed in words.
If anybody saved the replay, I'd appreciate if they could send it my way and I could try and make some highlights. My apologies to all involved who wanted pictures and highlights of one of the best ends to a race we've seen for some time at the TPRA.

Thanks to all those that came out to race in this series. As one of the first Project CARS series the TPRA has run, it was a blast. Here's to the next one! Coming this Fall! Keep it locked to www.tunerspit.com for all of the info and for more races on both Project CARS and Gran Turismo! :)

Here's a rundown of the podiums for each of the five rounds of the series:

Round 1 - Road America
1st: calvins48
2nd: nba336
3rd: Jaedon

Round 2 - Sonoma Raceway
1st: windfire1010

Round 3 - Watkins Glen
1st: windfire1010

Round 4 - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
1st: calvins48
2nd: Sproket555
3rd: flatspunout

Round 5 - Willow Springs
1st: racingkid9

Sorry man, having to make sure it fits in with the East Coast, the West Coast and the UK! :)

I was reading the dates wrong and for some reason thought your races were during the week. If they are on Sunday's, I can race. When is your next series starting?

Back