Track Layouts and Payouts you would want to see in GT7

• Thread starter Nahuelgvg
  • 2 comments
United States
United States
I’ve been thinking about this more and more as each update passes and the payouts for new races and new track layouts get worse and worse. And I feel like talking about it and getting people to actually address it seriously is the only way to make an actual change.

I mean last update they added a race in which you had to do 2 laps of the Nurburgring for 25k. I mean 25k barely gives you some soft tires, and all that work for two laps of the Nurburgring that’ll take anywhere from 15 - 20 minutes to complete. Meanwhile I can run a Lemans Race at 700pp for only 10 more minutes and earn a cash payout of 825k. That payout is 33x bigger for 10 minute more of racing and frankly 5 laps at Lemans is less hard then 2 laps at the Ring.

Another example is Sardegna, on the latest update I can run it in just over 24 minutes because of the new physics and there I can win a payout pays out 28x more for only 5 more minutes of racing.

I might as well just add the last example in here cuz there’s only 3 that are under an hour of time that are worth considering.

The Tokyo 600 pp race where the tire wear has doubled twice in recent updates and the penalty system and requirements to receive a clean race bonus has been made more hostile towards you as well. But if you can manage to finish the race and net a clean race bonus you’re winning almost the same amount as the Lemans race in the same time as the Sardegna race and you’re investing you’re time in the game in a much smarter way if your goal is to make money.

But if PD is mad about people grinding Tokyo maybe they should add races that have a similar payout to time ratio as the 4 main grind races (Spa 1hr as well) on different tracks to make people race those tracks more.

For example a race at Daytona that’s 10 laps depending on the car would take anywhere from 18 - 25 minutes depending on the car you chose.

The current payout for that race is 154k which compares to the original comparison of the 25k Nurburgring payout is only 6x bigger in payout for about the same amount of time. But if that race were to payout maybe something like 15x time larger payouts, you would be looking at a Daytona GT Cup Race, with the four little peppers on it, and the reward would be something like 375k and plus the clean race bonus that would make a lot more people race that race.

Another example is a race at Road Atlanta. There’s a Gr.1 Prototype race that is 30 minutes and only pays out 320k with a clean race bonus that payout comes out to 480k. Honestly a pretty decent payout but if you’re gonna do a 30 minute endurance race, this one pays about half of what the other races paid out. If this race were to have a payout of like 500k so that with a clean race bonus you can win 750k, that’s pretty on par with the payouts people want for a race.

I feel like the range of payouts should be 200k for every 10 minutes of driving just about, I mean this sounds like some wage **** dammit but if they’re upset about people grinding one race and then actively taking steps to stifle them, this is the more obvious solution. I feel like the same thing with the missions, there’s no real incentive to do them. The car payouts aren’t that amazing and they’re time consuming as well so that leaves the single player experience in a dull spot. I mean once you finish all the menu books the single player experience takes a jump off a cliff, the extra menus are completely and utter bs because they add no value to the game, they only give out prizes in the form of roulettes or cars. The extra menu payouts in this last update were absolute abysmal like are you kidding me? I did the Toyota Family Car extra menu by buying the Alphard and then received a 4 star roulette in which I won a Toyota Alphard. Then I do the For GT book and get a 6 star roulette and win a Mercedes Benz GT-S which is a coolish car but very underwhelming as a prize. And then with the last update with the Honda Extra Menu, the prize is a car that’s cool but I need to buy a 4 million dollar race car to win one that’s worth 267k in the car valuation service. That seems a little backwards. And with the Bugatti ticket I received a SR20 engine swap which I put in the Fairlady Z, which was pretty nice but that engine has been around since the engine glitch and all these new engines that keep constantly getting added every update are so unattainable that almost no one gets to experience them. It feels like I’m playing a game with the child lock on it

But I just wanted to see if anyone felt the same way and what you all thought good race payouts and I guess at this point cafe menus and extra menus you would want to see added. Maybe Polyphony can see this thread and get some inspiration cuz boy do they need it.

The only gripe I have about the payouts is the large delta between high and low payout races that doesnt really seem connected to the difficulty or duration.

10 events on various tracks like the Le Mans - 30 mins, 500-800k payout
10 more events on 10 different tracks like Spa - 1 hour, 1-1.5mil payout
10 more difficult 1 hour human comedy missions with 1 mil payouts for each race, not just the first one

Then I would be playing this game much much more.

Back