Track Stewardship and Rammers...

• Thread starter Harpic
  • 18 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Harpic1950
GT Sport is the best racing game ever except for it's crap stewardship. Why is no one disqualified and removed instantly from the race for deliberate ramming you off the track with no blue flag even???? Also why penalise a racer for being rammed off the track? This ruins a well thought out and a game with excellent graphics and racing. Surely it must be so simple to just disqualify a racer especially it seems for persistent ramming cars off the track? Sim Racing needs "cleaning up" to get rid of Rammers.

Seems GT Sport got the message, maybe it was all my "anti-ramming" declas I made fpr the back of all my race ars?.....pmsl. Anyway, now you get a Warning followed by disqualification. but needs "tweaking" as now been disqualified 3 times after being continuously rammed by others. The last time just now, Warning was given just 3 secs after starting race and no one was in collision....pmsl. But it's an improvement that hope fully will clean up GT Sport and Sim-Racing generally. GT SPort is such a fab game and the graphics are awesome especially Replays... thank

GT Sport is the best racing game ever except for it's crap stewardship. Why is no one disqualified and removed instantly from the race for deliberate ramming you off the track with no blue flag even???? Also why penalise a racer for being rammed off the track? This ruins a well thought out and a game with excellent graphics and racing. Surely it must be so simple to just disqualify a racer especially it seems for persistent ramming cars off the track? Sim Racing needs "cleaning up" to get rid of Rammers.

1) No it isn't.

2) No sim instantly removes you from the race for contact.

3) iRacing was cited in this thread and is largely accepted to have the best system in place, and punishes both parties for contact because see #4...

4) It is not simple for any computer generated system to black flag a specific racer. Many different variables involved which creates difficulty with assigning fault.

5) Sim racing has always had, and will always have rammers. Especially with titles like gran turismo that deal with a much wider audience.
The answer is leagues, or if leagues are unavailable just run with guys you trust.

I understand the problem with daily races you're forced to run with unknown controller wielding 7 year olds my advice would be don't qualify.
Start dead last and see how far you can make it through the pack it's quite fun.

Good day.

You can DQ people now by draft bumping on Bluemoon, the car receiving the bumps gets DQ after enough bumps :cheers:

I'm still waiting for a DQ warning, SR 23 currently, already reset to 7K DR from racing carefully on Bluemoon bay...
Yes indeed. I was racing at Blue Moon Speedway yesterday also, and I have noticed over the last couple of days that drivers seem to be better behaved. Hopefully this will improve things for us all.

1) No it isn't.

2) No sim instantly removes you from the race for contact.

3) iRacing was cited in this thread and is largely accepted to have the best system in place, and punishes both parties for contact because see #4...

4) It is not simple for any computer generated system to black flag a specific racer. Many different variables involved which creates difficulty with assigning fault.

5) Sim racing has always had, and will always have rammers. Especially with titles like gran turismo that deal with a much wider audience.
The answer is leagues, or if leagues are unavailable just run with guys you trust.

I understand the problem with daily races you're forced to run with unknown controller wielding 7 year olds my advice would be don't qualify.
Start dead last and see how far you can make it through the pack it's quite fun.

Good day.
Well yes starting last indeed but it still happens then when you pass by other drivers. GT Sport now seems to have put in place the Disqualifitcation required in the last 2 days and things are improving. I think racing against "unknown" drivers is what makes it so much fun, although GT Sport knows who they are. thanks for interest . Also on a PS4 cannot use IRacing as in a PC...and GT Sport does have "Leagues" which i use as well as FIA Season Races and daily GT Sport races.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes indeed. I was racing at Blue Moon Speedway yesterday also, and I have noticed over the last couple of days that drivers seem to be better behaved. Hopefully this will improve things for us all.

Well yes starting last indeed but it still happens then when you pass by other drivers. GT Sport now seems to have put in place the Disqualifitcation required in the last 2 days and things are improving. I think racing against "unknown" drivers is what makes it so much fun, although GT Sport knows who they are. thanks for interest . Also on a PS4 cannot use IRacing as in a PC...and GT Sport does have "Leagues" which i use as well as FIA Season Races and daily GT Sport races.

I don't know if things are improving, however I'm stuck at the low SR range for the week. It takes many races on BMB to gain SR 2 to 5 points at a time and only one to get screwed over by the penalty system and drop 15 to 30 points down again.

Racing against unknown drivers is indeed where the fun is for me. I've been stuck at SR 99 for ever and see the same people every night so I don't really mind racing in SR.D and SR.C this week since the pool of players is much larger there, Every race new people and honestly, they're not much worse than dirty drivers at SR.S. I'll try to increase my SR on BMB as a fun mission this week, to see if it is possible to race fair and get back up with the ridiculous penalty system in place atm. The harder it gets, the more I get into it it seems!

This game is much more fun after you stop worrying about the ratings. I've had more, close, fair and exciting races on BMB already than all last week on RBR. No track limit abusers here! No chance to run alone in no mans land for laps watching gaps growing in front and behind.

You can DQ people now by draft bumping on Bluemoon, the car receiving the bumps gets DQ after enough bumps :cheers:
PLEASE explain to me how this is a good thing? I just got DQ'd because the person behind me kept bumping me while I was leading the race from pole. If you want to pass me then pass me, don't use this new BS to get rid of someone you can't pass with clean racing. There was literally 1.5 laps left when this took place.:banghead:

I'm still waiting for a DQ warning, SR 23 currently, already reset to 7K DR from racing carefully on Bluemoon bay...

Why is the bumpee getting DQed instead of the bumper?? I would be interested in your theory. I have ran only 2 sport mode races since the change to week long dailys (do they still call them daily races??) this is the stuff I do not miss about sport mode.

PLEASE explain to me how this is a good thing? I just got DQ'd because the person behind me kept bumping me while I was leading the race from pole. If you want to pass me then pass me, don't use this new BS to get rid of someone you can't pass with clean racing. There was literally 1.5 laps left when this took place.:banghead:

It's not, I was being sarcastic. I have been DQ'd twice now from people bumping into me from behind.

Yet what can you expect from a system that gives you a 5 sec penalty for this
abNHer4.gif

My current SR is 13, after being 99 for pretty much ever apart from a few dips due to previous Bluemoons and Monzas

Damn man you just should stop and take some breather, I just stop play GTS after give back my SR to 99 :scared:

Nah, as long as I'm having fun I don't really care what the game does. There are just as many clean fair racers to be found in SR.D as in SR.S. On Bluemoon anyway, perhaps as the result of PD engaging their SR super scrambler on that track :lol:

It's just a shame draft bumping has been made impossible now. It's hard work getting people not to go side by side in T1 and T3 when you play leap frog on the straights instead of draft bumping. Side by side is leader gets away or back field catches up. There are still 4 days left for people to catch on.

I'll bring my SR back up to 99 next week. DR will follow. DR was already back to 19K, then got reset to 15K again. Perhaps back to 7K in the next race. It will be my mission this week to delete as many DR points from the system as possible :D

Just my opinion, but I see no logical way it makes sense to penalize bump drafting on an oval. Both drivers involved are using clean and accessible tactics, so no penalty should be given.

You honestly don't sound like you're having fun anymore

It's the opposite, I love the challenge. It's a puzzle to figure out how to get back to SR.S without giving up racing for the win. Yet that won't stop me showing how upside down the penalty system is.

Here's another one, game got me again. 3 sec penalty, chance for the win gone.
KfyWUtt.gif

Car behind lightly bumps me then scrapes the wall, could have all been lag. Note how I never even touch the brakes...

Last edited:
Never touch the brakes in NASCAR speedways unless car has been spun. Also the penalties in PS4 GT Sport seem to be working and rammers are reducing in races

Latest Posts

Back