[Track] Stochbergring W.I.P. (fictional)

• Thread starter G.T.Ace
  • 16 comments
Germany
Bonn
GTAce
All right, I already commented here and on the Assetto Corsa forum how hard it is for me to make something proper, because I'm an idiot regarding 3D modeling.
Still, I want to accept this challenge and kinda randomly created a track layout in BTB, which I now want to see in Assetto Corsa (and maybe other games).

I present to you, The Stochberging:

wip01f9j3d.jpg
wip02a9jwy.jpg
wip03n3kff.jpg
wip0444kqq.jpg

It's a mix between an old club track (layout, width, forests) and a modern circuit after US standards (safety, infrastructure). Basically Nordschleife meets Cadwell meets Road America, at least that's my goal.

It's Pre-Alpha, all the textures are unfinished, most walls still need to be replaced with guardrails and safety barriers.

Things on my to-do-list as of June 23rd 2014:
- The complete pit area
- Buildings
- Grandstands
- Spectators
- AIW
- Textures
- Trees
- Grass
- Fastlane
- Cameras
- Curbs
- Bumps

"Special features" I hope I'll be able to implement:
- Realistic surfaces, with different asphalt patches etc.
- Detailed 3D trees near the track
- 3D models of cameras and camera trucks/cranes everywhere where a replay cam is
- Mostly custom textures
- Proper collison behaviour

My plan is to work as much on it as I can for myself and learn more about proper 3D modeling while doing so. Once I'll hit a wall, I'm going to ask other people if they want to join in.

Please tell me what you think!

Last edited:
Amazing track design GTAce, starting from BTB is probably a good move to start designing tracks. I want to start aswell but need to learn everything from scratch ^^

Still very nice effort, the track is looking good already. If you need someone to give you feedback of how cars drive on it you can hire me for £0 :D

Great work :)

Thanks! I won't invite any testers until I'm satisfied myself though. ;)
Once I think it could be released, I'm going to make some Beta tests to look for any ugly bugs.
Will take some time until we get there. :lol:

JvM
Looks great. All I'd hope for I guess, is a little elevation here and there.

Nice job. 👍
There's actually some, it's not that visible in the video, but you definitely notice it while driving.

Looks good, keep up the good work . But be careful you have a few mid throttle right and left handers which look the same. You should add a few differences in these corners.

Back