Track Surface Differences

  • Thread starter Thread starter colepepper
  • 5 comments
  • 602 views
Messages
175
Messages
colepepper
In GT5 do they program in different track tarmac surface grip? I just wanted to make sure because on some tracks my car grips really well and on others, well, not so much. Is this due to differing track surfaces or is it all in my head?
 
In GT5 do they program in different track tarmac surface grip? I just wanted to make sure because on some tracks my car grips really well and on others, well, not so much. Is this due to differing track surfaces or is it all in my head?

Are you sure its the same car, same tune, same tires, same time of day? If so, then it might be the track surface, or it could be that the turn you feel less grip on is off-camber.

I think I remember reading in the hints for the one of the Nurburgring special events that some parts of the track were older and had less grip, so PD probably did program in different grip levels for different types of tarmac, at least on the 'Ring.
 
There is minor differences in Tarmac Grip. Some parts of the 'Ring have had more cars on them so they are more smooth. And the parts on Rome which are Cobblestone have different grip levels than the regular Asphalt.
 
If track edge is set to real, then the areas outside/beside the ideal driving line will have less grip than the driving line.
I guess it has something to do with the amount of rubber that has been driven into the asphalt, even though I'm no expert.

I think your problem might have to do with this, even though it could be something else.
 
You have to remember that all of the tracks have various degrees of banking in the turns, along with slight elevation changes and other factors that affect weight transfer, contact patch, slip angle, etc.
 
Well I really noticed a difference while racing today. I was driving my Lexus Weds Sport IS350 at Tokyo where I had virtually no rear slippage. I then changed tracks to Laguna Seca with no changes in tires or any other settings and I was sliding all over the place (not just at the corkscrew). My only guess was the difference in track surface.
 
Back