TrackMania Nations "Remake" Announced (5th May 2020 release, PC only)

Wales
Wales, UK
Snake55wildcat
https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/2TT6868Gzx9cZpbqOVXCJn/trackmania-nations-remake-revealed

This announcement was made during the TrackMania Grand League esports event yesterday, complete with a short (and quite frankly weird) demonstration of some of the new track pieces and editor features, but the game seems to retain the physics of the original Stadium environment itself.

(I feel sorry for the guy having to live-translate the whole thing so quickly, dude has his work cut out)

As for my thoughts on this whole thing, I am rather conflicted, this is the 2nd time they have re-released Stadium in some form, the first time was with TM2 Stadium for the ManiaPlanet collection of PC games, and now there is this attempt, probably as a F2P game like the old TrackMania Nations ESWC/Forever that was really popular for a time. It feels a bit redundant to me, though i wont lie some of the new track editor features do look pretty good.

Last edited:
Many moons ago, I downloaded "TrackMania Nations ESWC" from my Community College and played it on my home PC, enjoying it all the while. This got me into TrackMania followed by downloading a demo of "TrackMania Sunrise." TrackMania Nations surely is a modern eSport game. I then got to enjoy the experience more once "TrackMania United Forever" featured the Stadium environment and a lot more different tile pieces. I never played any TrackMania after TMUF. To see this TrackMania Nations "remake," I'm actually a bit intrigued. I haven't checked out the video as of this post, but I do have some interest in how this "remake" will be like.

I got into trackmania games around 2008, So many memories of spending hours trying to get gold on the last stadium stacks in TMUF. Shortly after that I got into the online stuff, joined a clan and spent a few more years playing it like that. I will give this a look as long as it isn't too expensive

I have seen they are making this subscription based If you want access to the track editor but its free to play offline races and servers (I think). Ubisoft claim it isn't a subscription but you pay a fee to have access to service for a fixed amount of time, That like a description of a subscription service.

Subscribe to make tracks? Oh jeeez, say it isn't so!
Unfortunately so, It will have some sort of trial to see how it works then it's £10 a year for a subscription to use the editor. It will also have another subscription of £30 a year but that just offers clubs and some other e-sport style stuff.

LANGUAGE WARNING FOR VIDEO

"Actually it's not a subscription model but an access to the game for a limited time. You pay for having access to the game for one period and that's it," a Ubisoft rep wrote. "When the time is over, you have to buy the game again for the time that you want to access it again."

Please understand. Ubisoft said it's not one.

Please understand. Ubisoft said it's not one.
How can they not say it's a subscription? I don't get it. The Cambridge online dictionary has this as the definition of a subscription
an amount of money that you pay regularly to receive a product or service:

Right so i give Ubisoft an amount of money (£10 or £30) that I have to pay once a year to receive the track making service.

This released yesterday on the Uplay store, It has 25 training levels that can be done or the starter pack before you need to buy a subscription. I have got gold and even a few author medals on all but 2 tracks that feature a new surface type. For some reason the developers thought the perfect thing for the super grippy stadium cars was ICE, it's so slippy (DUH) but I just cannot figure out how to drive it and take corners without going into the snow that kills all speed. I might get the hang of it eventually but at the moment it's put me off getting a subscription if I'm going to have to deal with more of that

I have the 10 dollar subscription, pretty much just for access to the editor.
But at the moment there are usual controller issues that plague so many of Nadeo's games. So I'm just putting it on ice until those have been resolved.

Latest Posts

Back