TrackMaster: Free-For-All Motorsport

Brazil
São Paulo
Hi everyone,

I'm a solo game developer from São Paulo, Brazil, and I would like to show the racing game I'm developing, TrackMaster: Free For All Motorsport!

TrackMaster is a physics sandbox and racing game. The game is being developed since January 2020, and is in early access now. There is a long road ahead, but I think it's shaping up nicely, and there is a good amount of arenas/tracks and vehicles.

I'm releasing updates at least once a month or two, always with a new vehicle and/or arena.

On line multiplayer is planned. For now, in Steam, there is Remote Play Together: you can play with friend, even if this friend doesn't own the game!

There is a demo in the Steam page for those who want to try it!

I would love to hear feeback, suggestions, opinions and criticism.

1645312599055.png

1645312625844.jpeg

1645312670079.jpeg

Attachments

• 1645312646944.jpeg
    1645312646944.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I hope you won't get in trouble with Bugbear because this game looks a lot like Wreckfest.

Suggestion: add gameplay, maps like we have in 1nsane from Invictus. this game is so old Codemasters probably don't mind stealing ideas from 1nsane. Codemasters was the distributor.

I hope you won't get in trouble with Bugbear because this game looks a lot like Wreckfest.
Sincerely, I didn't think of having trouble with any existing racing game (I specifically list Wreckfest in my game's website as an influence), because I think in the racing games genre (more than others) it is really difficulty to tell what is influence and what is steal of ideas. Many racing games have the same tracks with the same cars!

That said, my original desire is to offer the feeling of the first 2 Destruction Derby games, with more content: split screen, more vehicles and tracks. So I guess it's ok if it looks like other games, since Destruction Derby is for sure an inspiration for many games of this type.

Suggestion: add gameplay, maps like we have in 1nsane from Invictus. this game is so old Codemasters probably don't mind stealing ideas from 1nsane. Codemasters was the distributor.
Yes, sure! I'm a big fan of 1nsane (have it on GOG), and I'm truly going to add some big and open ended maps in the future (I'd love to make an open world, but I can't promise that).

Last edited:
Hey, thanks! Nice to meet a fellow godotter here! Hope you are doing well with your simulator!
I've been head down on version 0.3, with plenty of improvements coming. Version 0.2.1 ended up ballooning into too much for that moniker, so I've pressed on to make it a bigger update. 🐺

By the way, something I have been remiss to not mention yet -- your 3D modelling work is outstanding. You keep surprising me with each new elaborate vehicle type. I look forward to seeing what environments you come up with once your vehicles leave the confines of the stadium, as you suggested in the post above. 👍

It looks interesting and fun as a sandbox game, but I feel like without a clear objective it gets old pretty quickly. Also the name might lead people to think it's a circuit based racing game and become disappointed when they finally realised it isn't.

There's also this game with the exact same name, and comes up above yours on google search. I dunno how feasible it is to change the name once it's out on Steam, but that would be the one thing I change first :)

I've been head down on version 0.3, with plenty of improvements coming. Version 0.2.1 ended up ballooning into too much for that moniker, so I've pressed on to make it a bigger update. 🐺
Great! I've got some questions but I will ask in the Godot forums, since it's related to the physics engine.

By the way, something I have been remiss to not mention yet -- your 3D modelling work is outstanding. You keep surprising me with each new elaborate vehicle type.
About the vehicles: I don't model all the 3D models myself from scratch. Stadium, tracks and static objects in general I've modelled myself. But for the vehicles, I usually start with a free, CC0 model from around the internet, them I modify it (or even remake the model, because of polycount or moving parts, like doors). All the 3D models are listed in the CREDITS menu of the game. And here are some examples of the original models and the final model in game:

1624639836746.png

1624639881169.png

I look forward to seeing what environments you come up with once your vehicles leave the confines of the stadium, as you suggested in the post above. 👍
Since I've done a lot of work to get the physics of the vehicle to feel good, I'm thinking about lots of uneven terrains and very rugged reliefs.

Last edited:
It looks interesting and fun as a sandbox game, but I feel like without a clear objective it gets old pretty quickly. Also the name might lead people to think it's a circuit based racing game and become disappointed when they finally realised it isn't.
Yeah, I totally understand your point. I'm planning to finally implement proper racing in the game, in the July update. I've focused till now on vehicles and arenas, so that I could be sure that a varied type of physics setups would work when interacting.

After that, every month I will try to implement 1 or 2 new events, so that by the end of 2021, maybe, the game will feature the 14 event types I've planned.

About the name leading to a circuit base racing, I've chosen the word "track" also thinking in a broader way, including "trail", "path" and "route". But I won't argue that I can't expect people to think this way when buying a game.

There's also this game with the exact same name, and comes up above yours on google search. I dunno how feasible it is to change the name once it's out on Steam, but that would be the one thing I change first 🙂
This is something I still think today, after 1,5 years working with this game. I've chosen the name back in March 2020 (I've got the Twitter, Youtube and Itch.io pages to prove), and I've learned about this other game in January 2021. I've searched but found no record of it anywhere on the internet before December 2020. There is actually a third game in Steam using the title "TrackMaster", from September 2020. All this to say that I really would not like to change the name, so I'm actually betting I can make a name for my game to not have to worry about it. Time (and players) will tell.

Last edited:
Many updates in a row!

Update 0.7 - Master Loader:

TrackMater flashtalk at the On Line GodotCon 2021: Godot is the free and open source game engine that I'm using to make TrackMaster, and I've made a flashtalk about the TrackMaster development, from january 2020 to June 2021.

And finally, Mac OS version is now available!

Back