Tracks you hated at first but ended up liking

Canada
Canada
Tetsugakusha
Inspiried by the post by @BigSarj

What are some tracks that took you a little while to learn and went from loathing to enjoying?

It's Fuji, Autopolis, and Sardenga for me.

Some of the corners in each track are really tricky in terms of figuring out the best angle to attack the apex; however, once you figure out something that works (and you employ a little bravery) wow are they fun. Especially on Autopolis, turns 3-6 and 12-17; if you nail the apex in the first corner you can just glide through the whole section. Feels amazing.

Hi,

I will jump in here...

All of them!

I have been c**p at this stuff for years. Missed apexes, over braking and generally crashing a lot. Then I discovered this forum and Youtube, I have never looked back!

Lago Maggiore is one of my favourites now. I used to hate it.
Spa. I am within a couple of seconds of the Aliens now. O.M.G!
Fuji. G*d I hated it. Now I just love it.

Regards.

Ian.

EDIT: OK... I am still c**p at it but not just as c**p as I used to be! :-)

Last edited:
Brands Hatch is the track I learned to trail brake on so I made huge progress in one week. I went from back of the pack to top 5ing it consistently. I think it will always hold a place in my heart now.

TBH I am a poor learner and also time poor so once I stink, i struggle to get up to speed. In this game, biggest improvement is likely Interlagos, first few races were really bad but it eventually clicked.

Interlagos. I was dumbfounded by it when I first started. Love it now.
Autopolis flows like crazy. I love that track.
Fuji and RBR I hated at first and the hate will flow on forevermore.

Last edited:
BB Raceway
Growing up, it used to be Sarthe because I had no understanding of a braking point or braking in general. I would get all the way down to Mulsanne just to send it into the wall at 200+.

For GT Sport, that track would be Interlagos. Sector two was and probably still is the bane of my existence.

Has to be Maggiore II. I hated it when it was a Daily C a few months back, but I learned to love it over the week. It has really good flow even though the corners seem wonky and it's great once you abuse the limits, like @Kermit_2142 said for the forward layout.
Most of my friends hated it before this last FIA too, but after the race they said it had some really good flow.

Add me as another voting for Lago Maggiore II after yesterday. It feels so horrible when you haven't driven it in ages with all the blind corners but once you get the rhythm down it's satisfying to hook up a good lap there.

Add me as another voting for Lago Maggiore II after yesterday. It feels so horrible when you haven't driven it in ages with all the blind corners but once you get the rhythm down it's satisfying to hook up a good lap there.

It feels nice to get a good lap, but I still am a big nope.

Though, I had that feeling about Bathurst. Just didn’t bother with it. Unlike the majority, I just never got the appeal (same with the Nordschleife). But after having to suffer the learning curve of Super Formula cars there, I turned my cheek a tiny bit. Still don’t get the appeal, but do find some level of enjoyment (at least for the higher hp cars).

Big Willow. Despised it, only did what I had to in terms of license challenges in three years of owning the game. Then took some time to learn it with the Manufacturers race there last season and got to quite like the place. By no means one of my favourite tracks, but I do like it and don't immediately bin it off now!

There are a couple of tracks though I've never liked and have driven them enough to know I'll never like them

Back