Traction Control Differences

England
In Front of GT4
Just won the Fairlady Z LM concept. tried it with traction control on arcade mode and thought it was brilliant, then thought i'd try it without the driver aids, and found some big differences.
the differences from behind the wheel are;
wheelspin off the line (which i expected),
wheelspin exiting slower corners,
tank slappers while accelerating from hairpins.

not a big deal but just wondered what differences you guys noticed when you turned the traction control off?

The thing about wheelspin in GT4 is, that there is only full wheelspin so either you have full traction or you have full wheelspin. Sometimes I drive over a little bump with a very powerful car (2J, 1000+hp Viper,...) at high speeds, the wheels start to have nearly no traction suddenly.

Anyways, I prefer to drive without traction control.

It's challenging to find the balance in keeping your tires in contact with the road at all times either through suspension settings or TCS. Le Mans comes to mind--as you are barreling down the long (and bumpy) straights, the rears are squawking in the Group C cars, helping chew up the tires. You could slow down (not conducive with winning at that glorious track), soften suspension to the point of making it a dog on cornering (also bad option), or you can improve your overall driving to overcome that tire wear (best option). I try to keep the TCS as low as possible, but I hate it in the pits where the game burns them off on leaving getting you up to exit speed and letting you drive).

CDub

Back