traction control

• Thread starter awildo
  • 7 comments
Belgium
Belgium
slyye23
I seem to notice there is no difference between TC 0 and TC 5.
Is it just me or not ?
Usually in racing games, I lose time with TC when game automatically reduces speed when cornering at high speed or to avoid spinning when there is too much throttle input. So I keep TC at 0 or only with high hp cars I put it at minimum.

But here there is no such thing, even with TC 5, you will still spin at some corners(exit of corner with low gear for example).
So even with TC 5, I can't full throttle my corner exits.
And even when game slows you down, it's not significant at all.
But you keep all the advantages, way safer over curbs or to prevent any accidental oversteer for example.

I tried different gold experiences or licences and I don't see any differences in my laptime in either.

Tc will make you spin even if it's on, you need asm, if or when you push car to the limit, unless it's ff or 4wd, some cars like peugeot 908 will ignore asm all together, probably broken or too much for this car to handle

Is it just me or not ?
Usually in racing games, I lose time with TC when game automatically reduces speed when cornering at high speed or to avoid spinning when there is too much throttle input. So I keep TC at 0 or only with high hp cars I put it at minimum.

But here there is no such thing, even with TC 5, you will still spin at some corners(exit of corner with low gear for example).
But you keep all the advantages, way safer over curbs or to prevent any accidental oversteer for example.

I tried different gold experiences or licences and I don't see any differences in my laptime in either.
TCS does in fact make a difference but it simply doesn't work like it did in GTS. Same with how the cars in this game brake, react to throttle inputs, etc. You have to think more about braking before entering a turn and when to get back on the throttle when exiting. ....I like it personally as it feels more realistic.

TCS helps control wheel spin essentially, not necessarily stability / yaw. For that you need stability management as @Gt79 mentioned or manual tuning (where possible) to help counter the problem you're having.

Personally, I usually leave it @ 1 most times but occasionally will crank it up a notch in some cases even during a race when tires become worn, etc.

Last edited:
The tracking control system should primarily help you to prevent the wheels from spinning if you as a player want to put too much power on the wheels. If they spin, they are automatically braked and power is gradually restored to said wheels. You can also see this very well on the accelerator pedal bar, which jumps up and down when TCS is active and is highlighted in red.
If you now increase the setting in the TCS, in principle you only increase the braking effect and you keep on the wheels. the stronger the car, the less grip the axle in question and the more gas you give, the longer TCS has to regulate and this will hinder your acceleration. If you now drive without TCS and your car remains under control and your grip is constantly maintained, TCS would not regulate anyway.
However, if you are driving much too fast in a curve anyway, TCS can no longer help you, since your tires can no longer build up sufficient cornering forces and your car swerves, this does not necessarily have to cause your tires to spin excessively and thus TCS first will not regulate at all. To prevent or catch this you need active stability control or very good reflexes :D

Is it just me or not ?

I notice a huge difference by setting TC on or off, immagine beteween 0 and 5. With TC off the car is more hard to drive but is faster. Also in GT sport I noticed the same.

Back