Trading in F1 2010 for GT5

• Thread starter Hoodie1878
  • 23 comments
United Kingdom
Derby
Hoodie1878
HMV in the UK are banking on a few people having their fill of this game, you can trade it in and get GT5 for £4.99 apparently.

This must drive developers nuts and Codemasters can't be impressed surely? Is there anything they can do though, probably not. Do you think many fans of the F1 game will be tempted or will they just buy GT5 as well as they like the F1 game too much to get rid of it?

You're gonna miss out. F1 2010 is a super fun topping to the racing game sandwich. GT5 is the meat though. F1 2010 is worth keeping though.

You're gonna miss out. F1 2010 is a super fun topping to the racing game sandwich. GT5 is the meat though. F1 2010 is worth keeping though.

Nice one, I'll pick it up cheaper in a few weeks. I loved driving the circuits before the real races on F1:CE.

You can play F1 2010 until you've finished your first season and trade it in for GT5. Really, after you're finished with your first year in career mode you've basically seen it all.

HMV in the UK are banking on a few people having their fill of this game, you can trade it in and get GT5 for £4.99 apparently.

This must drive developers nuts and Codemasters can't be impressed surely? Is there anything they can do though, probably not. Do you think many fans of the F1 game will be tempted or will they just buy GT5 as well as they like the F1 game too much to get rid of it?

Actually I blame gamers more than I blame HMV or GameStop here in the United States. All they are doing is capitalizing on gamers impatience and short attention spans. How many times do you see "I just beat Game X, now I'm bored".

If you stop and think about it, this is a "double dip" for HMV/GameStop. They probably sold you the game to begin with. So you trade it in for something like $25 credit (I'll use USD just for purposes of discussion). And that's not cash, it's store credit. You buy a new game for $60, and that's still laying out $35 for a new game. So if you add it up, that's $95 they've made off of you. Then they'll take that used game and turn around selling it for $55 (huge GameStop "saving" I know). So they've now made $115 selling THE SAME COPY of the game.

Granted you have a "chicken and the egg" scenario, but if gamers would get wise to the scam, maybe they could actually realize that they have better choices out there.

You can play F1 2010 until you've finished your first season and trade it in for GT5. Really, after you're finished with your first year in career mode you've basically seen it all.

You've seen it all? What more do you want to see in a racing game, once you've done a few races in GT5 will you be trading it in because you've 'seen it all' then?

No way will I be trading mine in. Its a good racing game. I like the physics and the online leagues I'm racing in the battles are great. I have met some great people because of this game and I'll still be playing when I get GT5.

I wish I had more time for gaming lately, but I'll probably be keeping my copy anyway and letting it sit on the shelf for a couple months 'til I get the F1 bug again... unless I'm too broke to pick up my collector's edition on Wednesday.

Had to get rid of my copy for store credit for gt5 22.50usd/sc what a rip off..had to do it tho..once F1 2011 comes out i will but it.

I am keeping my copy of F1 2010, thoroughly enjoy the game; all the F1 circuits and the online racing.

Of course I will play it less once I have my hands on GT5 :)

I originally joined GTPlanet after googling, 'F1 Championship Edition forum' and seeing what came up, which I think is an indication of where my primary interests lie. I'm still loving F1 2010 and Formula One is my passion more than anything else, so there's no question of me trading in this game for GT5. I'm debating whether or not even to bother with GT5 this christmas never mind this week, or if I should leave it till i've more or less exhausted F1 2010.

You've seen it all? What more do you want to see in a racing game, once you've done a few races in GT5 will you be trading it in because you've 'seen it all' then?

Of course I won't. Events to win, endurance races to win, cars to collect, and especially photomode, etc.

What's going to keep me busy in F1 2010? Doing the same races over and over just with a slightly faster car each time? Going a 1,000 laps around a track to beat the top-times only to realize most of the online players hack and/or cheat?

The problem with GT5 is that only has 2 F1 cars.. also the physics are diferent

I played GT5 to 96% game completion percentage. Bored to freakin' death with it.

Back to some actual racing in F1 2010 :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back