Trampoline accident: Back cracking story!!!

I just experienced some of the worst pain I have ever felt. I was jumping on a trampoline when I did the wrong move. I landed on my knees wrong and my back bent about 45 degrees in the wrong direction. I heard a loud CRACK! and thought I snapped my back. So the first thing I did (after screaming) was try to move my legs and toes. I then knew my back wasn't broken.
ouchth0.png

By the way my front is to the right in the picture.

My back doesn't hurt as much anymore but I think I pulled a groin muscle. It hurts in that area when I walk, it's fine sitting down though.

Sounds painful!

Did something simalair few weeks back, was on a swing and it was going fairly high ike usual, but it was wet and I slid of backwards when it was all the way back, kinda flipped in the air landed on my head and my back bent real bad, hurt like hell..

My God! My own back sort of hurts reading this story... The diagrams were helpful. Glad to hear you're okay.

And, that would be roughly 105 degrees.

Thanks, I am almost positive my back is going to be sore in the morning. I'm not sure how this groin muscle is going to be though...:ouch:

Something I learned to do playing football in High school last year is that if I hurt myself, then try to move the body parts that could have been effected. Just to be sure it's not serious.

Still, I'd get it checked out.
X-Ray, MRI probably...

I only knew I had one of my lower spine discs crushed about a year and a half ago, when one beautiful morning I couldn't get out of bed and trying to move was like getting stabbed on multiple places.

X-Ray, MRI probably...

I only knew I had one of my lower spine discs crushed about a year and a half ago, when one beautiful morning I couldn't get out of bed and trying to move was like getting stabbed on multiple places.

Yeah, listen to Beerz, I did something similar once. I thought I was fine, but after a couple of days I found out I had to have surgery on my back.

j/k

X-Ray, MRI probably...

I'm pretty sure I don't have any problem like that. This have happened to my buddy a couple times and he's still fine. If I start feeling intense pain I'm going to go see a doctor. Right now I'm just going to lay in bed and find a way to limp at my normal walking speed. Limping seems to ease the pain in my groin. Same for ice... The groin; what a place to pull a muscle huh? Being a guy and everything, I don't like having injuries that close.:ouch:

God I hope I'm back to normal before the end of next week. Spring break is coming up and I want to go swimming at a local creek. (Turkey Creek) Can't do what with a pulled groin muscle. I'm going to do some stretching of that area after school tomorrow.

Stretching your groin. Is that what the kids are calling it these days? :P

Seriously though, don't wait too long before going in to get checked out, if you need to. Trying to fight through the pain isn't the answer. And just because you friend has been fine so far doesn't mean next time he will be.

Here's to a speedy recovery. :cheers:

I've had a lot of accidents such as this in the past. I'd check it out if it keeps on.

At least you can say you hurt yourself doing something cool :D

I looked at the picture and the first thing I thought was "I dont think hes an ostrich" It was then when I saw that your front was to the right and it made sense. Hopefully nothing is severely messed up, bad backs run in my family, and mine is getting to that point.

I agree with some of the other replys. Get that checked out.

I've had a lot of accidents with trampolines as well. For some reason my mind went sort of blank right now and I only remember 1 incident, but here's a little diagram I drew as well.

I was down on all fours jumping around, seeing how high I could jump from my hands and knees, and my friend was also on there, making me jump higher. We were timing it so I would start going up when he landed, giving me a nice boost. He ended up landing on my hand and launching me in to the air, and my arm made a "pop" at the shoulder and it hurt for the next 2 weeks or so, I basically couldn't carry anything with that arm, or even lift it up higher than my head.

Just because you've got movement and feeling in your arms and legs doesn't mean there is no fracture there. If there's pain and you heard an audible 'crack' then i'd certainly get it seen to. You may have cracked a vertebrae, or you may have detached a ligament.

No video? lame... actually if you guys could make a stick vid that would probably suffice. lol On a more serious note... get it checked.

A lot of insurance companies here in Illinois wont even insure your house if you have a trampoline and I am beginning to see why. They will even go as far as discontinuing your coverage if they find out that you have a trampoline. :scared:

The one at 47 seconds is just lame and what's wrong with the guy right after that? It looked like it was a practice mat for landing on which is what he did. :confused:

TB
The one at 47 seconds is just lame and what's wrong with the guy right after that? It looked like it was a practice mat for landing on which is what he did. :confused:

I think when he lands he plants his face against his knees.

Ahha, some of those were really really bad, I go to a local gym with trampolines, and was trying to learn double misty's... I landed on my side pretty hard and my neck snapped my head around, i was knocked out cold for like,l 3 minutes, scared me so much... I went back to try it again and landed it... lmao

Just got back from school and I'm feeling MUCH better. There is no pain in my back and the pain in my groin has just went down to some stiffness.

My back has actually felt better than normal. Usually my back starts getting sore sitting in those hard seats, I actually felt great today! I only feel weird when I walk now.

Back