Transducer setup for Gt:sport

• Thread starter Damiank388
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Good afternoon guys,
couple of days ago I’ve made a little transducer setup for my sim rig.
I was blown by how well it works, so I’ve made a video how I connected it, because I couldn’t find one when I was thinking of doing it. Do it you won’t regret it, especially for vr.

is anyone running it differently/better?

Last edited:

Not better, but different! - On PS3 I used the multi-output settings - audio was handled by an optical cable into a 5.1 surround system. Stereo tactile effects were achieved via the RCA outputs - each channel feeding a mono subwoofer amp with the filters set to emphasize signals below 80 Hz. I used four transducers including two Aura AST 2B4 Pro's and two copies - this worked well with GT5 and 6 although effects were much more pronounced with V8 cars from Mercedes and Audi and very weak with many cars - the Aura's have a resonant peak of 38Hz and certain cars were obviously in this range.

The PS4 Pro has fewer connection options. For Project Cars 1 I used the TV headphone output socket to supply one mono subwoofer amp powering a large Buttkicker Advance transducer - the effects were superb. Not stereo this time, but big jolts with each gearchange and plenty of engine rumble etc. Unfortunately the volume level of PC2 was so much lower that I could not get a strong enough signal to produce worthwhile effects - I find this is also true with GTS.

NB my audio system does not have a separate subwoofer output hence why I took sound from the TV headphone output.

@Scaff has a lot of experience with tactile using a Reckhorn system and has produced a series of reviews of the tactile effects in different racing games.

Good afternoon guys,
couple of days ago I’ve made a little transducer setup for my sim rig.
I was blown by how well it works, so I’ve made a video how I connected it, because I couldn’t find one when I was thinking of doing it. Do it you won’t regret it, especially for vr.

I’ve been running a reckhorn setup straight from the LFE sub output on my AV system for years now, outside of a wheel and VR it’s the best move in the world. Stupidity immersive.

Back