Transfering Course Maker Tracks (Solved)

• Thread starter daymobrown
  • 6 comments
daymobrown
I've just got a new ps3, I am trying to transfer my complete installation of GT5.

1)
I first tried installing GT5 on the new machine, updating both ps3 and GT5 and copying my save data on a usb flash drive.
This did not work, I lost my Stealth and Chrome cars, and my saved Course maker tracks.

2)
I then deleted the save from the new machine, downloaded and installed the cars, again copied the save from the usb and BINGO, the cars appear with all tuning intact.
However there is still no Course maker tracks.

3)
I then tried the Data Transfer Utility, it gave the same results as 1).

Can someone please help, is there any way of transferring the data in it's entirety?

After option 3 I tried to dl the cars again, now the game sticks at the "checking save data - do not turn off - OK?" prompt.

So it's another full install. (Option 1&2)

The coursemaker tracks are stored in the game data, not with the save file

The best way would be to do a transfer from the OLD PS3 to the new one, so the game data is duplicated. There is an option to this in the XMB

Do a backup to a external drive and then restore it to the new machine. This is the only way to ensure that all of your save data goes with you to the new machine.

Settings> System Settings> Back Up Utility> Back Up. It will back up your HDD to an External HDD
Then on your new PS3 just go to Settings> System Settings> Back Up Utility> Restore.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, however, from what I've read the "Data Transfer Utility" (network cable from old ps3 to new) is the only way to transfer ALL game data, the "Back Up Utility" reports prior to back up "If you restore on a different system some data will not be restored".

Has anyone tried using the "Back Up Utility" for transferring GT5?

bump

I have just checked "Backup Utility", this did not work. It did not copy any Game or Save Data.

So, to recap :-

1. Fresh Install of GT5 on a freshly updated blank PS3, Save Data from old PS3 copied via a usb flash drive.

Did Not Work.

2. Data Transfer Utility

Did Not Work.

3. Backup Utility

Did Not Work.

OK, Finally!

1. Create a new PSN user on your new PS3, this will be used for transferring.

2. Friend request your main PSN.

3. Log in on your old PS3, as your main PSN.

4. Accept the request.

5. On your old PS3, start GT5, share your track with friends.

6. On your your new PS3, log in as the transfer PSN, start GT5, download the track from your main PSN, share with friends.

7. Log in on your new PS3, as your main PSN.

8. Start GT5, download the track.

9. Repeat from 5, for all your tracks.

Slightly off topic, but, you can export your replay files to XMB (one at a time).

Go to the replay theatre, press triangle and select export.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back