Transfering GT4 replays to an MP3 player

• Thread starter Cptneo
  • 27 comments
hey i dont know if u already posted this some where but is there anyway to put a saved Replay onto a mp3?? from Gt4?? coz if there is i would really like to know how :D

Thanks bye

"Rock on Drifter's"

Thanks for the thread title :D

ur so kind :D

Oh by the way does anyone know where I can get the cables for a Ati Radeon and just if you are wondering i have the tv out slot :D

Nope, it's not possible. The only way to get a replay onto your computer is to use a capture card and record it from the console via cables.

- R -

You want to take a replay from GT4 and put it into a music file?

And please don't double post. We have an edit button so you don't have to.

I think the point is to put it on a mp3 player.

You would have found this in the Drift FAQ: Instructions, courtesy of Daan

I may sound like an idiot with no sense of humour here Cptneo, but some tips to make you look better in the eyes of other members, believe me, they work:

Terms Of Service
  • No slang words that promote laziness, ie; "r", "u", "plz", etc.
  • Half decent grammar is expected. Use of capital letters starting sentences is looked upon favorably. Spelling half decently is also encouraged.

- R -

how about a title that actually talks about what you'd like to do? :dopey:

to get the replay to the comp. u would need the cables yes to record the replay straight from the console, but after u do this u connect the camera(digital cameras are easy to do this if they come with an uploader cable) to the pc, upload the replay, save it to a file on the comp., then connect your Mp3 to the comp(would have to be a video playable mp3 player like ipod video etc.) then go to my computer click on removable hardware to open ur memory stored on the device. then click videos (on ipod video or psp its say video i dunno what urs says) and then u shud either see a blank page or the videos u have stored on the device. then(minimize the memory page) find the file (by going into mycomp again) where u stroed the gt4 replay then drag and drop the replay in the memory page for ur device. and there ya go... this depends on how much space u have on ur mp3 player

yea there is a special lead you can buy, it connects via the secret socket which is ont he back of the ps2 but it has to be a new slim ps2 and you have to know where to look ;) [/end sarcasm]

Seriously though, there is no way to transfer a gt4 video file straight from a ps2 to any device. To get video you have to record it using a PC and a video capture card. This is the most tried and tested way and many people have had great results using this method. Once you have the footage you can manipulate it and do as you wish, also convert it into what video format you want.

In your case, you can put them onto your memory stick and play them on your psp. If i remember rightly you need to convert the file into an AVI for it tp play on a PSP.

Spec....

Race Fury
well how do u do that?because i had found out that when i put it on the comp it couldnt play and i cant upload it to the video hosting site
Greycap
The only way to get a replay onto your computer is to use a capture card and record it from the console via cables.
Specialized
Seriously though, there is no way to transfer a gt4 video file straight from a ps2 to any device.

You have to record the video file to your computer, by connecting the video and audio leads from your PS2 into a capture device on your computer.

The hardware required to play a GT4 replay file is a PS2 running GT4. Transferring the file to a PC will result in precisely nothing. You must record the PS2's output.

Race Fury
well how do u do that?because i had found out that when i put it on the comp it couldnt play and i cant upload it to the video hosting site

I assume you have a capture card? for instance, i have vegas 6 video editing program which has a capture facility. you plug your ps2 leads into the capture card/box, the two audio and the video leads. You go into vegas choose your capture card under the capture video setting and then press record. You start your video replay on gt4 or start a race and it is recorded to the computer hd. You now take the video you have just captured and convert it into avi or other format. If you really want you can use windows movie maker to do this. You now have a video of gt4 in a playable format, avi, wmv etc etc.

If your really having that much trouble please PM me and i will help you as much as i can, i dont know what capture program your using etc. give me the info and i will do my best

Spec....

Race Fury
Cant u jus transfer the videos footage from ur memory card to ur psp and then transfer them to ur comp?
can u use real words plz k thx bye.

well umm i dont kno about the whole cable thing but how much does the cable and the things cost?man this sucks cuz i got this good video of me drifting and it cant even be read in my comp and wut is a capture card?sry im only 12

About £50 total.

A capture card is exactly what it sounds like. A card, for your computer (like a video card), which captures an input - in this case video and audio.

The "video" you have won't be read by your computer, because your computer is not a PS2 and is not running GT4. This is what's required to see the video. You simply plug the PS2 into the capture card, instead of plugging it into the TV as you normally would, and "capture" the video when you play it back.

Please use proper English too. This board is multi-national - kno, wut, cuz and sry may as well be Martian-speak to many of our non-English speakers. You aren't charged by how many letters you use and, unlike a cellphone, each character has its own key, requiring only one press.

Unless you actually HAVE a capture card, they're in the shops. It's unlikely you have a capture card.

There are two cables coming out of the back of a PS2. Only one of them carries a video/audio signal. Since you need to get the video/audio signal from the PS2 to the capture card (which you need to buy), which cable do you THINK it is?

The colours "of the things"?

Could you be a little more vague at all?

You have to have a Video iPod because no other Mp3 player has such capablitiles(( sorry for the spelling))

nightkids4ever
You have to have a Video iPod because no other Mp3 player has such capablitiles(( sorry for the spelling))

Well,it's not moslty true,there is video players on the market,you have ie. iRiver with capability of video reproduction.Than you have cheap copyes of iPod that supports mpg video!

Back