Transmission dilemma - Sauber C9 - PD - WHY??

• Thread starter Michael88
  • 5 comments
Austria
Nicest part of hell
So, I bought the Mercedes Sauber C9, and guess what, its a legendary super competitive le-mans winning racecar - and it does not come with an adjustable gearbox. :ouch:

Besides the fact that the original car had a super adjustable gearbox -like any other proper racecar- the C9 has an H-pattern manual transmission. Now, if you want to adjust the gears to make the car faster on specific tracks or if you want it to reach higher top speeds you actually HAVE to buy the racing transmission from the dealer.

And here comes the bummer - the gearbox you have to buy is sequential, meaning you no longer have a clutch.

Its nonsensical stuff like this that makes me pull out my hair. WHY would you do that? WHY does PD put legendary racecars for millions of credits into their game and then they don't give them adjustable gearboxes? Then you have to buy them and then they are sequential - What's going on?

Last edited:
It's just meant to leach away at your funds. The same reason you have to buy a suspension kit to get camber and toe adjustments. I hope some of this nonsense goes away with the change from money grubbing mtx to actual game. This new patch can't come quick enough.

Now that I think about it I've been having a really hard time optimizing the Sauber's transmission for Sarthe. Bought the adjustable racing transmission and geared it to where it should have been fully-utilizing 5th but it was essentially a 4 speed, even with drastically lowered down-force. Need to revist that track/car combo to see what's up with it.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Forgot that I had turned the ECU all the way down to squeeze it into the 800pp 5 lap race at Sarthe just to see if it could run the race without pitting (it can). Pretty surprising it will still hit 200mph with 425hp (something like that)
So my 5th gear issue was a "running at half power" issue, not one with the transmission.

Last edited:
all I want to do is upgrade the headlights, but can't do that.
other than that, I love the car, and put it to work regularly.

I haven't seen a single race car that comes with an adjustable transmission. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

Back