transmission gears

United States
United States
does anyone have any time,to work with me on how to fine tune gears ? i am a novice when it comes to this part of gt6
i want to be able to have fast cars that go over 300 mph. i am not asking for anyone's top secret tunes.i just want to be able to know how to tweak them to race well. any help is appreciated.

Read over the guide and feel free to ask any questions in the thread for it.
As for going over 300 mph if you have car that has the power to do it, making a transmission to do it is not hard, but making a racing transmission that can do it is a bit tricky due to high speed.

Read over the guide and feel free to ask any questions in the thread for it.
As for going over 300 mph if you have car that has the power to do it, making a transmission to do it is not hard, but making a racing transmission that can do it is a bit tricky due to high speed.

does anyone have any time,to work with me on how to fine tune gears ? i am a novice when it comes to this part of gt6
i want to be able to have fast cars that go over 300 mph. i am not asking for anyone's top secret tunes.i just want to be able to know how to tweak them to race well. any help is appreciated.
Pay attention to the Dyno chart in granturismo 6, also in the garage which displays information below car (where you see driver standing and car) provides horsepower and torque peak. Set gears from there. Depending on the engine performance from synonym chart will determine it the car will perform better with low gear ratios or high gear ratios. The final drive allows you to set vehicle for top speed or acceleration but keep in mine, there are drawbacks for each . For example , a 3:1 ratio will give you top speed and more power(torque to wheels) but acceleration could be not so good though this is not always the case but in general it is compared to a 4:1 ratio that provides better acceleration but bas gas mileage and less power being supplied to wheels but this also varies which why you need to pay attention to dyno chart.

If the gray line in gt6 ( represents torque) does not have a steady or rapid decline ( pretty much straight solid gray line) from low to high rpms, this means that the engine
Is pretty powerful and will do well with high gears. If the engine does have a rapid decline in torque or flat line then the engine is not very powerful (will do more work) and will do well with high gears.

You to set gears after the torque and horsepower meet so that you get the best performance from vehicle.

Moving the final drive to the right gives you high gear ratios (low numbers)

Ex.

0.987:1

Moving it to the left gives you low gear ratios (high numbers).

Ex.

5.476:1

Tracks with less turn and more straights will be perfect for top speed but technical tracks will be better for acceleration.

It get more technical and complex the more you dive into the transmission.

Hope this helps!!!

You to set gears after the torque and horsepower meet so that you get the best performance from vehicle.

Moving the final drive to the right gives you high gear ratios (low numbers)

Ex.

0.987:1

Moving it to the left gives you low gear ratios (high numbers).

Ex.

5.476:1

Tracks with less turn and more straights will be perfect for top speed but technical tracks will be better for acceleration.

It get more technical and complex the more you dive into the transmission.

Hope this helps!!!
Ya got your left and right mixed up 👍 otherwise the info is good.
Right is high gears low top speed high numbers higher torque
Left is low gears, high top speed lower torque.
The final gear placement for use plays a part in the transmissions behavior.
I'm still testing to confirm but I am under the belief that the final gear is also a direct representation of the number of RPM's the engine makes to one RPM of the transmission.
So a 4.000 Final means the engine turns over 4 times to 1 revolution of the transmission. Making for very little work per revolution of the engine so it will pull very well at high speed but it will take it a while to get there.\
Vrs a 2.000 Final, the engine is now working twice as hard per revolution of the transmission, meaning it will get to speed very fast, but it will lack top end as it's working so hard.

Ya got your left and right mixed up 👍 otherwise the info is good.
Right is high gears low top speed high numbers higher torque
Left is low gears, high top speed lower torque.
The final gear placement for use plays a part in the transmissions behavior.
I'm still testing to confirm but I am under the belief that the final gear is also a direct representation of the number of RPM's the engine makes to one RPM of the transmission.
So a 4.000 Final means the engine turns over 4 times to 1 revolution of the transmission. Making for very little work per revolution of the engine so it will pull very well at high speed but it will take it a while to get there.\
Vrs a 2.000 Final, the engine is now working twice as hard per revolution of the transmission, meaning it will get to speed very fast, but it will lack top end as it's working so hard.
My bad , I didn't proofread my work, lol I always confuse myself on that part lol.

I agree, the final drive is a multiplier of torque. I gotten a lot of cars that people thought were broken in the game to run just fine.

In real life thing you cannot have the gears to close as oppose the game where you can.

My bad , I didn't proofread my work, lol I always confuse myself on that part lol.

I agree, the final drive is a multiplier of torque. I gotten a lot of cars that people thought were broken in the game to run just fine.

In real life thing you cannot have the gears to close as oppose the game where you can.
No worries I do that too. My son is even worse :lol: No your OTHER LEFT!!! :banghead:
Personally I'd like to see realist transmission tuning in GT sport. Independent gears, nothing based on RPM of the engine, so if you add 500 RPM to the engine you get 500 RPM more per gear with the same transmission, not the same top speed 🤬🤬🤬
Technically you can do anything you want in real life, now if it's advisable or functional, that's a entirely different matter :lol:

The final gear is the pair in the axle. Output of transmission spins one time, axles spin 4 times if your final gear is 4.0

Or are you talking about something else?
Was talking about the engine to transmission ratio, as in GT6 I think they are linked.
Good information on the final to axel ratio 👍

Engine to transmission ratio? Like they put a gear set from the engine crankshaft before the transmission? Like, before or after the flywheel/clutch then the trans? No way.

Engine to transmission ratio? Like they put a gear set from the engine crankshaft before the transmission? Like, before or after the flywheel/clutch then the trans? No way.
I do not think they did that. I think the code is messed up. The Top Speed link has been causing issues with the transmission senice they did it in GT2.

Back