Transmission never matches the tune

• Thread starter cbrown119
  • 7 comments
cbrown119
Hi,
When using tunes found in this forum, I go down the list and everything matches fine until I get to the transmission section.

There are usually two final gears and a max speed setting.

I first set the final gear, then the max speed. Then I set each gear. I normally find that it isn't close to whatever is written down. So, then I go to the second fonal gear setting ( usually at the bottom of the gear listing)

And it still doesn't match the recorded tune.

So then I change the max speed setting, to get somewhat close to the gear ratios.

The max speed setting seems low imo. I'm thinking that maybe it's a metric/Imperial thing, but the tunes are normally labeled correctly.

Where am I going wrong with this procedure?

Why are max speed settings so low? How can anyone win a race with a max speed of 200 kph? (I'm trying JeJe6410+ Toyota Supra Concept in an attempt to finally win Dragon Trail 30 lap endurance race)

I'm sorry if this is a simple question, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks for the help and the great tunes on this thread.

Hi,
When using tunes found in this forum, I go down the list and everything matches fine until I get to the transmission section.

There are usually two final gears and a max speed setting.

I first set the final gear, then the max speed. Then I set each gear. I normally find that it isn't close to whatever is written down. So, then I go to the second fonal gear setting ( usually at the bottom of the gear listing)

And it still doesn't match the recorded tune.

So then I change the max speed setting, to get somewhat close to the gear ratios.

The max speed setting seems low imo. I'm thinking that maybe it's a metric/Imperial thing, but the tunes are normally labeled correctly.

Where am I going wrong with this procedure?

Why are max speed settings so low? How can anyone win a race with a max speed of 200 kph? (I'm trying JeJe6410+ Toyota Supra Concept in an attempt to finally win Dragon Trail 30 lap endurance race)

I'm sorry if this is a simple question, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks for the help and the great tunes on this thread.
Some tunes you see on this forum, that the gears do not match are made from early this year. A few months ago and update did mess up some settings.

I've ran into the same problem and I'm betting that 80% of the tunes I've used the number doesn't match. And it's almost always the 2nd part of the number (1256/68). I don't pay any attention to the 2nd part.

garystevens64

I've ran into the same problem and I'm betting that 80% of the tunes I've used the number doesn't match. And it's almost always the 2nd part of the number (1256/68). I don't pay any attention to the 2nd part.

garystevens64

80% of the tunes for all tuners ????
I do not understand why nobody understands. Yet it is not complicated. :banghead::banghead:🤬
The first number corresponds to the gear and the second number corresponds to the speed of the gear.
When you make a gearbox (in the first final speed of the bottom, in second gear max at the top, third gear ratios), it is normal that the second number does not correspond because it is by moving last the final speed from the bottom you match the second digits. The first numbers never move.
now for some cars that were made before some updates, it's normal that it does not fit. Because some updates have changed data.

for example, I will show you how. I hope it will be clearer.
To get this transmission on my Nissan GT-R Gr.4, (and on all my cars here's how to do it):
So that's what I propose to you :
FC Transmission
Final Gear at 5.000
Max speed 200 km/h
1st 2.771/91
2nd 2.073/122
3rd 1.616/156
4th 1.306/194
5th 1.079/235
6th 0.931/280
Final Gear at 3.538
For suits the track adjust just the Final Gear

Now this is how to do it :

I can't be more explicit

for example, I will show you how. I hope it will be clearer.
To get this transmission on my Nissan GT-R Gr.4, (and on all my cars here's how to do it):
So that's what I propose to you :
FC Transmission
Final Gear at 5.000
Max speed 200 km/h
1st 2.771/91
2nd 2.073/122
3rd 1.616/156
4th 1.306/194
5th 1.079/235
6th 0.931/280
Final Gear at 3.538
For suits the track adjust just the Final Gear

Now this is how to do it :

I can't be more explicit

I understand. Thank you for your time and tunes.

Back