Transmission sound bug?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Darragh
  • 5 comments
  • 876 views
Messages
309
Ireland
Galway
Messages
Artful_Alonso14
When I tuned my viper, I noticed a difference in sound to a hybrid hear. When I turned off each adjustment one at a time, it was the transmission that caused it. Switching to a fully adjustable transmission causes a hybrid noise which doesn't seem right.
 
When I tuned my viper, I noticed a difference in sound to a hybrid hear. When I turned off each adjustment one at a time, it was the transmission that caused it. Switching to a fully adjustable transmission causes a hybrid noise which doesn't seem right.
Hasn't this "whine" been there since GT5?
 
I've played gt5, but never have I got into tuning or online to know back then. Only noticed now. A bit annoying though.
 
Last edited:
I've played gt6, but never have I got into tuning or online to know back then. Only noticed now. A bit annoying though.
I agree. Even though I like the flexibility of the custom tranny, I can't stand the sound, so I avoid them. It robs the cars of their character.... they all start to sound the same.
 
Yes, this is the sound sample that they've used for transmission whine, & a very unpleasant sound it is too imo. It's the main reason I started only driving & racing stock cars in Gran Turismo since GT5. They need to find a more pleasant sounding sample for this, like P-Cars.

I ran a poll about it in GT5, results are here if you're interested.
 
Back