Transmission tuning with power limiter

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
billywilber
Hi guys,

just wondering how you would go about setting up a transmission when you're using the power limiter. For instance I've got my Pescarolo C60 Hybride -Judd '05 tuned limited to 50% power to get it at 600PP. I just don't know where to begin with approaching getting an effective transmission setup. thanks

Hi guys,

just wondering how you would go about setting up a transmission when you're using the power limiter. For instance I've got my Pescarolo C60 Hybride -Judd '05 tuned limited to 50% power to get it at 600PP. I just don't know where to begin with approaching getting an effective transmission setup. thanks
It depends on what track but I will leave the pescarolo C60 Hybride -Judd '05 at 650PP or 700PP and use something else in my opinion.

Hi guys,

If you're set on using it go with long gears to utilize the much lower power band on the car now. Shift early, I would prolly set the final 3/4 left set top speed 3/4 of maximum and than set each gear far right to max out torque and than drop the final full left.

Edit; Corrected auto incorrect errors

Last edited:
Hi guys,

If you're set on using it go with long gears to utilize the much lower power band on the car now. Shift early, I would prolly set the final 3/4 left set top speed 3/4 of maximum and than set each gear far right to max out torque and than drop the final full left.

Same line, stretching both, gears and fina or smaller cases only otherl. Percentage rate of dropped powerband area equals percentage need for stretching individual gears, or actual gear ratio (gear*final gear).
Suggestion to start only from individual gears stretching first, if that makes handling on slower speed difficult then trying only final, then tweaking both if needed, rate between gear and final makes difference handling on different speeds and finding "best rate" is trickiest thing.

Same line, stretching both, gears and fina or smaller cases only otherl. Percentage rate of dropped powerband area equals percentage need for stretching individual gears, or actual gear ratio (gear*final gear).
Suggestion to start only from individual gears stretching first, if that makes handling on slower speed difficult then trying only final, then tweaking both if needed, rate between gear and final makes difference handling on different speeds and finding "best rate" is trickiest thing.
Might want to edit this a little bit for clairity, I know what you're saying and I had a hard time following it.
Basic translation; the more you use the power limiter the more you need to adjust the final and gears the same direction.
Start with just adjusting the gears than try adjusting the final than try both to fine tuning. The relationship between the final gears and top speed setting will affect the handling of the car.

You still want to use short or close gears. You only need to change in to a very high gear to see you accelerate more slowly, even when you are still in the engine's power band.

What you might like to try though, is having 4th, 5th and 6th all using the same range of RPM (and you don't need a car with extreme engine limiter to try this). You also have the option to adjust the gears to suit a specific track, so for example, if you are changing gears right before a braking area somewhere, you might like to make the shorter gear a little taller, so you aren't.

Latest Posts

Back