Trials Rising (PS4/Xbone/PC/Switch)

Finland
Finland
Releasing on the 26th. Those who pre-ordered it (like me) get it on the 24th.

Any interest here?

I've played all past versions and I'm pretty excited for the new one. All my friends play mostly different games but this is the one we all play. Beating your friends times and drunk couch multi :cheers:

It's simple but yet so addictive. Good for shorter sessions too when you have time to kill.

edit: I think this is supposed to have cross platform leaderboards too, which is a very nice addition.

Haven't watched that much videos of it since I like to find out stuff myself but here's a video:

Yeah, really looking forward to this release. I hope they don't make it too difficult!

I found the difficult stages in the previous games were not so much "challenging" as frustrating. Endless interruptions to fluidity and endless restarts.

@dzumaalcapone, definitely interested in this, and will pick it up (on PC) probably sooner than later. I've also played the previous games (Trials Evolution Gold Edition and Trials Fusion).
Simple but very addictive, totally agree. :)

But I see a lot of complaints around the web from people saying it's too grindy. That is, to get to the higher levels you have to grind a lot. Anyone here seeing it that way?

@dzumaalcapone, definitely interested in this, and will pick it up (on PC) probably sooner than later. I've also played the previous games (Trials Evolution Gold Edition and Trials Fusion).
Simple but very addictive, totally agree. :)

But I see a lot of complaints around the web from people saying it's too grindy. That is, to get to the higher levels you have to grind a lot. Anyone here seeing it that way?

I've not spent enough time with it but I think there may be some truth to that. In the last one it felt like you were initially playing lots of tracks early on with a really clean UI. Now everything seems less obvious looking at a map & wondering where all the tracks are. If difficulty becomes an issue trying to progress then people may become bored before persisting enough to unlock stuff. I've bought the full version as I was a big fan of the last one.

I've not spent enough time with it but I think there may be some truth to that. In the last one it felt like you were initially playing lots of tracks early on with a really clean UI. Now everything seems less obvious looking at a map & wondering where all the tracks are. If difficulty becomes an issue trying to progress then people may become bored before persisting enough to unlock stuff. I've bought the full version as I was a big fan of the last one.
It's maybe a bit over the top with all its flashy-bedazzly-arcadey presentation. And not very intutitive no. But "new" stuff on the map seems to come up with either an image or the color red, indicating a new optional contract/mission.
Now that I've played it for some time I can actually forgive it somewhat for the grindy nature. Because the tracks are really fun to race. The tutorial is also top notch, teaching you everything you need to know.

But still, I'm slowly beginning to see what I believe is the game's biggest problem: The need to do contracts to progress. Here is an excerpt from the IGN review, which I think explain the essence of the issue.

---------------------
"At their best, Contracts are an amusing way to shake up the Trials formula. But as they get harder they can start to get downright infuriating.

While I would gladly put these contracts off until later, the kicker here is that Contracts are the fastest way to get experience by an enormous margin, making them essential to leveling and unlocking new Leagues in a reasonable amount of time.

Many of the earlier Contracts will offer around 1k or less, and simply improving your time on a Hard track from a silver medal to a gold one without a Contract offers up a meager 450. That means that the part of Trials I’ve always loved – beating my times, gradually getting faster, and earning better medals – is essentially a waste of time when it comes to unlocking everything. The balance for experience gains here is totally out of whack.
The core problem here is that you aren’t really given a choice between doing Contracts or improving your times.
"
---------------------

Still really enjoying the game though, and the more difficult tricks are immensely satisfying to pull off. Also, there are some amazing tracks here, especially
the film set, the train ride and the crashing plane.
Totally crazy but fantastic fun. :)

Last edited:
I got the Route 66 DLC downloaded, but I don't know how to access it. Can't see any reference to it ingame. Any suggestions anyone?

Back