Triggered

• Thread starter deadbob777
  • 20 comments
United States
PA
deadbob777
thedeadbob777
Anyone else learn from the beta that their R2 has lost sensitivity? I've found I'm only able to do about 80% throttle on full press, initially I thought it was just a hidden assisst, but nope. Does anyone known of any fixes such as rubber replacement or worse switch replacement, and this really makes me think there needs to be a calibration for triggers.

I figured I might as well go click bait but at the same time keep it 100% on topic, as I feel this is a serious problem because anyone who uses their controller a hell of a lot most likely suffers from the same problem.

Not really. You can adapt pretty quickly and is actually better to use L2 and R2 than X and O. Some people even like the right toggle (I don't).

I'll probably get a wheel tho.
It's gonna be real weird for me though.

It's gonna be real weird for me though.

I can tell you that driving with L2 R2 is really smooth in GTS. At least comparing to AC (don't know if AC made some improvements since 6 months ago, but it was really tricky to play with a dualshock 4).

You'll be alright. ;)

My main controller is about a year old, my original 3 1/2 year old PS4 controller has the same problem but to a slightly less degree (albeit the analog stick is about completely worn off). If the X and square were pressure sensitive I'd still use them as it was in all previous GT games, heel toeing with your thumb is a real thing haha. Sport is really nice with the triggers but you can really tell the difference from full throttle and 80ish% throttle, using a properly working controller realized my current one I lose about 2 to 3 seconds on certain tracks, which is insane.

They are since Dualshock 2
Well I just spent the last hour updating my PS4 to get tree'd by @Tornado...
They aren't pressure sensitive. I tried it on the DS4 that came with the system and my 20th anniversary DS4.
That said you can use the right stick. But it appears @deadbob777 has another DS4. Problem semi solved?

@ryzno I wish it were that easy, the other controller I have is the one that came with my PS4 and that was the batch that had the thumb sticks that wore off so it's bare plastic on the sticks, and, we have the same controllers, my main one is the 20th anniversary controller. For such a great controller, they really made it extremely cheaply, from one problem to another. From my research it appears that the rubber behind the trigger is what is wearing out, so I think I may take it apart and swap the R2 and L2 and see if that fixes it, if 80% braking doesn't work, well e-brake.

@TheProRacer that doesn't fix a problem, that just skirts around it.

Edit, so taking apart the controller and swapping the rubbers does indeed work, I do not suggest taking your controller apart if you aren't careful you will break it, there do appear to be replacements available online and i think i may try those out, much cheaper than a new controller.

@TheProRacer that doesn't fix a problem, that just skirts around it.

Edit, so taking apart the controller and swapping the rubbers does indeed work, I do not suggest taking your controller apart if you aren't careful you will break it, there do appear to be replacements available online and i think i may try those out, much cheaper than a new controller.

I had the same problem only a month ago. My DS4 worked fine at every game I played, except for GTS.
Had a qualifying and went to the second place, while the warm up started my DS4 died and I had to use my second DS4.... I couldn't understand why I was so freaking slow during the race :confused: Then I noticed that my "full throttle" is only a "3/4 throttle".

I bought those (bottom left) and replaced the old once, worked fine for me:
s-l300.jpg

I can suggest the repair guide from ifixit!! 👍

Good luck :D

Back